Aliens use Firefox too!
Aug 20, 2006 at 11:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

mb3k

1000+ Head-Fier
Quote:

To celebrate the 200 millionth download of Firefox, the Oregon State Linux Users Group created a 45,000+ square foot crop circle of the Firefox logo in an Amity, Oregon oat field (with permission, of course). The circle's planning took two weeks and it took a team of 12 more than 14 hours to stomp the image into the oats. You can read a description of the process at the OSLUG Wiki and view lots of photos of the field before, during, and after the circle's making in the gallery.

mg_5560.sized.jpg

Cool. Simply Put.
More photos here: http://lug.oregonstate.edu/gallery/f...circle/mg_5560

Aug 21, 2006 at 12:09 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by gshan
I'll be first to mention that a good photoshopper could've done the same thing.
tongue.gif

But wow, they did a very good job.

check out the high res of it, shot by a 20d. Pretty cool in high res (looks much better imo.)

Aug 21, 2006 at 2:36 AM Post #7 of 9
Interesting way to spend 14 hours.. hehhe.. But seriously that is pretty good work no matter how you look at it.. But I can think of much better ways to spend 14 hours...
580smile.gif

Aug 22, 2006 at 2:14 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by mateo05
I simply don't understand this fixation over a web browser. Sure, its great, I love using it, but some people treat it almost religiously...

I think this incident is not an act of "worship", but a creative attempt to get more public attention -- just like the New York Times frontpage they did a while ago.

There are far creepier cults among computer users.

Aug 22, 2006 at 2:32 AM Post #9 of 9
I shaved the Head-Fi logo into my chest to celebrate it's 5th birthday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back