Alice in Chains ... are back?
Mar 24, 2006 at 1:22 AM Post #16 of 26
I always thought the guy that sings for "Days of the New" sounded alot like him.

Mar 24, 2006 at 1:39 AM Post #17 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Comfy
Alice in Chains died with Layne. These are a bunch of sad, sad rip-offs. I despise that kind of an attitude.

Cash Grab...

However, if they can make a buck peforming music, god bless em' - better than a 9 to 5; that's for sure.

Mar 24, 2006 at 5:41 AM Post #18 of 26
Thats all ive been listening to recently, Alice in Chains.

and I dont blame em for wanting to play the songs again, todays teenage generation also needs a good kick in the head
biggrin.gif
"Alice in Chains .. who ?"

Mar 24, 2006 at 6:00 AM Post #20 of 26
I have always liked AIC. But for me one of my all times faves was the Unplugged album.

I don;t know how many times I have listened to that album and never got bored of it.

Sure I realise that AIC is not everyone's cup of tea but I thought that album was the more accessible as well as being their defining moment from my point of view.

His vocals on that performance was sung from the heart. You felt what he felt.

I am sure that they are a lot of vocalist they could chose from to reband but for me it wouldn;t be the same.

Mar 24, 2006 at 6:02 AM Post #21 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedwings19
I have always liked AIC. But for me one of my all times faves was the Unplugged album.

I don;t know how many times I have listened to that album and never got bored of it.

Sure I realise that AIC is not everyone's cup of tea but I thought that album was the more accessible as well as being their defining moment from my point of view.

His vocals on that performance was sung from the heart. You felt what he felt.

I am sure that they are a lot of vocalist they could chose from to reband but for me it wouldn't be the same.

Here Here!
My most listened to CD as well
smily_headphones1.gif

He was also completely drugged up, he didnt even open his eyes until 3 or so songs.

Mar 24, 2006 at 5:24 PM Post #22 of 26
I think you guys are VASTLY underestimating both Jerry Cantrell's contribution to the music and his musical integrity. To simply say this a cash grab shows a pretty significant misunderstanding about the man and his music, imo.

Sure, it could never be the same without Layne, but it was Layne's own selfishness and stupidity that destroyed the band LONG before Layne died. I don't think its right to say the living band members have no right to their own music.

Personally, I think they should be a trio with Jerry singing, he is the only one who has ever been able to sound like Layne.

As for comparisons to Led Zeppelin, anyone remember Page/Plant touring for a couple years in the 90s? I saw a couple of those shows, and they were fantastic.

Mar 24, 2006 at 5:49 PM Post #23 of 26
Alot of us arent denying that fact, we're just acknowledging that it wont be the same (obviously), It'd be kickass to have a chance to see em, but alas, half a world away
frown.gif

Mar 24, 2006 at 6:22 PM Post #24 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltrane
I think you guys are VASTLY underestimating both Jerry Cantrell's contribution to the music and his musical integrity. To simply say this a cash grab shows a pretty significant misunderstanding about the man and his music, imo.

Sure, it could never be the same without Layne, but it was Layne's own selfishness and stupidity that destroyed the band LONG before Layne died. I don't think its right to say the living band members have no right to their own music.

Personally, I think they should be a trio with Jerry singing, he is the only one who has ever been able to sound like Layne.

As for comparisons to Led Zeppelin, anyone remember Page/Plant touring for a couple years in the 90s? I saw a couple of those shows, and they were fantastic.

If they continue under the AiC name it's a cash grab.

Note that when Page and Plant toured it was "Page & Plant", and in their case they had the highest visibility out of anyone in the band anyway so they had carte blanche for that and a whole other laundry list of reasons not worth getting into on an AiC thread.

Mar 24, 2006 at 7:06 PM Post #25 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltrane

"AiC" are coming to Finland this summer, and I'm not going to see 'em for reasons of respect towards Layne Staley.

If Jerry Cantrell played under his own name, even playing AiC tracks, I'd sure as hell be there.

Mar 30, 2006 at 10:10 PM Post #26 of 26
I'm way late on this, but being a huge AIC fan, I have to comment. I would see them without hesitation if the remaining three toured, even if my 8-year old daughter fronted [insert jokes here...]. Layne was clearly the soul, the center, but those songs -- I need them, and to hear them live, while not with Layne, would be far better than nothing. Also, Cantrell has a great voice, and I love the songs he sings, too.

I hope they tour, and assume that lucky me in NYC would get a local gig out of it, and I'd be there.

- walk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back