ALICE IN CHAINS, AND RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS
Oct 27, 2001 at 5:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

CRESCENDOPOWER

Headphoneus Supremus
I was just looking at the most recent Columbia House, and stumbled along these two bands. It's unbelievable with all the music I have that I don't own any of their music.
What would you consider to be their best album, and why? When I pick up the new Ozzy album, I am going to buy one album from each of these artists. Please fire away at will. Thank you!

Oct 27, 2001 at 10:33 PM Post #2 of 10
Yes! Great bands both of them. Alice has some real heavy stuff on Dirt, and some mellow stuff on Jar of Flies (excellent but short). I have their Unplugged cd too. It sounds pretty good, espectially if you can't stand the dated guitar sound on the studio versions
wink.gif
. SAP has some great mellow songs, and I actually think the bonus track is hilarious.

I haven't heard too much Chili Peppers, but I'd have to steer you away from Californication soundwise. Songwise, its consistent though - some great summer tunes. I have their Blood Sugar... cd too. Its got some classics. You must get that one if only for Under The Bridge. It sounds nice too, but I think it was produced by Rick Rubin anyway.

Since you mentioned Ozzy, I heard this interview clip on the radio where he's trying to promote his album. The poor guy sounds permadrunk. Its a wonder that he can string together a verse in the studio
biggrin.gif
. I love him though.

Oct 27, 2001 at 11:29 PM Post #3 of 10
I think Californication is the Peppers best CD to date.

Just my take.

I haven't gotten into Alice In Chains, tho, and I can't stand Ozzy
rolleyes.gif

Oct 27, 2001 at 11:48 PM Post #4 of 10
coolvij, I heard somewhere that Californication was poorly recorded... lot of compression or something... is that true?

Jar of Flies for Alice in Chains is pretty good, haven't heard anything else...

Oct 28, 2001 at 2:28 AM Post #6 of 10
Actually - YES.

Californication is pretty poorly recorded.....but.....hey......I can still enjoy the music.......a skill that I gathered by learning how to ignore the background noise of tapes with low-imp. headphones.....
biggrin.gif

Oct 29, 2001 at 2:24 PM Post #7 of 10
Alice in Chains- Dirt or Facelift.....for the classic grunge

Peppers- Blood Sugar Sex Magik
or What Hits!? for their early stuff.

Nov 4, 2001 at 8:45 PM Post #9 of 10
I agree with whoever said that Blood Sugar Sex Magik is the best RHCP album, but Californication is pretty entertaining too. Couldn't say about Alice in Chains, but I can tell you that I like what I've heard of them
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back