Alice Cooper finally in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame! Now how about Rush?
Dec 15, 2010 at 10:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

MacedonianHero

Headphone.Guru Editor
The title says it all. Alice Cooper made up a large part of my high school years in the '80s and I'm glad that they're in (the group, not just Uncle Alice). Now, how about Rush? Can't be because they're Canadian as both Neil Young and Leonard Cohen are in (and neither have great voices
tongue_smile.gif
).

Here's the breakdown over their 30 years:

24 Gold Albums
14 Platinum Albums
3 Multi-Platinum Albums
Over 40 million albums sold worldwide

This places them in the top 3 of consecutive  gold albums by a rock band.

This is getting ridiculous now!

Dec 16, 2010 at 12:04 AM Post #2 of 6
Alice Cooper spends much of his time in Arizona. I have seen him in person a few times at sporting events and he's not getting any younger (who is). Glad he was inducted when he can still enjoy the recognition.

X2 for RUSH. It's unfortunate that mainstream critics have never liked RUSH even though their fan base has remained loyal for a very long time. Deja vu all over again.

Dec 17, 2010 at 4:33 PM Post #5 of 6
Tom Waits got in too...well deserved.

Dec 18, 2010 at 11:57 AM Post #6 of 6
There are a lot of deserving rock artists that still aren't in (e.g. KISS), yet they're now starting to include other genres, like Hip Hop. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, and I will be the first to defend the inclusion of such acts as ABBA and Madonna, but it is a Rock 'N' Roll Hall of Fame. A lot of questionable choices have been made in recent years and I have to wonder who's going to be in 20 years from now (Maroon 5? Train? Good Lord!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back