Alessandro MS2 tragedy
Apr 20, 2007 at 6:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

sebastian589

500+ Head-Fier
Last night I was listening to a CD with my Alessandro's and when I stood up to grab my CD wallet my arm rubbed on the volume dial on my X-Can turning the dial near the max. As soon as this happened one of the phones clearly blew out and now I have one channel of sound. As if this wasn't tragic enough the headphone pulled a Home Improvement/Tim Allen like stunt and appeared to spark up and glow, once the fantastic show was over I was left with one channel of sound and a very broken heart. So my question is;: Does Alessandro offer repairs on their headphones?

I'm a little tight on cash right now so depending on how much it would be I would either have them repaired, or worse absorb the loss. Either Way if anyone has utilized Alessandro's service I would greatly appreciate and suggestions or info.

Apr 20, 2007 at 6:53 PM Post #2 of 18
Nevermind the headphones -- how are your ears?!
basshead.gif

Anyway I would just find their number on their site and call them.

Apr 20, 2007 at 6:58 PM Post #3 of 18
Wow, that really sucks. How long did the volume control stay on max? And if the power was enough to create a headphone blow-torch, then how are your ears?

To answer your question, though, I doubt that your situation would be covered under warranty. However, Grado has a flat rate 40 dollar repair fee that will probably cover your damage, so I wouldn't be too worried.

Apr 20, 2007 at 6:59 PM Post #4 of 18
I think Grado should be the ones you contact.

Apr 20, 2007 at 7:44 PM Post #7 of 18
Wow that really sucks... Just contact Grado and they'll take care of you.

It amazes me how much gain some of these amps have, with most non-portable sources lining out at 2-2.5V. Most of the time my amps are attenuating the signal more than they are amplifying it.

Apr 20, 2007 at 8:06 PM Post #8 of 18
I thought Grado might be the people to contact, I will contact them now

As for my ears, luckily they are fine, I actually had the headphones on my head but not directly on my ears as I was listening to the news so my ears were spared.

Apr 20, 2007 at 11:19 PM Post #10 of 18
That is a major bummer. My Grand daughter did the same thing a few years ago and blew a big chunk out of the cone of one of my older speakers made in 1946!

For now though; I think I'll solder some ground straps onto the housings of my MS2i "just in case"!!
very_evil_smiley.gif

....better watch what I say! Some government agency may pick up on it and make it a law to protect us from ourselves!!
biggrin.gif

Hopefully, Grado will be able to fix them quickly and get them back to you right away!

EDIT: Only kidding about the ground straps!

Apr 22, 2007 at 7:59 PM Post #11 of 18
God bless stepped atteunators. Impossible to happen with my Singlepower gladly. Glad to hear your ears are ok.

Apr 22, 2007 at 8:31 PM Post #12 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by sebastian589 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As if this wasn't tragic enough the headphone pulled a Home Improvement/Tim Allen like stunt and appeared to spark up and glow, once the fantastic show was over I was left with one channel of sound and a very broken heart.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sebastian589 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As for my ears, luckily they are fine, I actually had the headphones on my head but not directly on my ears as I was listening to the news so my ears were spared.

You are lucky, do you remember when Michael Jackson's hair caught on fire from a similarly fantastic show? Imagine if you had melted your hair from a sparking MS2 driver...that would definitely be FTW.

Apr 23, 2007 at 11:05 AM Post #15 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by VR6ofpain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You are lucky, do you remember when Michael Jackson's hair caught on fire from a similarly fantastic show?

He was only imitating Richard Pryor's, head blaze
smily_headphones1.gif

Glad your ears are okay. Try Grado for repairs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back