alessandro ms2 questions
Mar 20, 2009 at 7:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

lutwey

1000+ Head-Fier
hey wats up guys, i just received my ms2 today. i was totally thrilled by the handsome construction of these phones, man these made my ms1 look like a toy. anyway i was having a problem at first, one of channels was dead then it just started working out of nowhere. i was really impressed by the sound. is this normal or should i contact alessandro for replacement? one more thing these came with the 1/4 jack. Are there ms2 models that use that normal 1/8 (3.5mm) or this is standard?

after some fooling around i determined that there is actually a problem. i sent it in for replacement, and got a new one. i was just wondering why the cable on these phones are way thicker and shorter than my ms1.

Mar 20, 2009 at 8:08 PM Post #2 of 18
Congratulations on a great headphone. I mean a great choice of headphone, as the pair you have sounds like a lemon. It is definitely not normal that a channel would be out at anytime. Sounds like a loose connection which will only lead to heartbreak later on. Call Alessandro. Good luck. Oh, and by the way, the 1/4 plug is standard issue but Alessandro can order a 1/8 if wanted.

Mar 21, 2009 at 12:11 AM Post #3 of 18
You should return them if one of channels were dead. Probably a loose solder. Also, I do not believe that the MS2i is available with the mini jack, only the MS1's.

@coco...I finally meet the person who took the login which I originally wanted.. I am actually from Vancouver also.

Mar 22, 2009 at 6:15 PM Post #5 of 18
mine is slightly worse than yours except for the not sounding driver parts..
very lousy finishing (driver net is roughly cut, eyesoring view of the headband, looks like rust but it's the glue and the plastic / rubber part of the cable arent smoothly finished)
but i like the sound though....

Mar 22, 2009 at 7:15 PM Post #6 of 18
Wow, I am surprised that the construction on these two pairs was so bad. The pair I had was perfect, really well put together. Even better than the SR325i actually.

Mar 22, 2009 at 7:22 PM Post #7 of 18
I have the cheaper MS1s, and they don't seem to be as badly built as the two MS2 pairs mentioned. Very odd, indeed.

Mar 23, 2009 at 12:56 AM Post #9 of 18
MS2i is probably not perfect in constructions i can see where the lines in the alloy not perfectly rounded. :p But overall its pretty good. The sound works straight away, and is very nice looking overall, just dont look at it closely :p Mine got 1 minor nick on the hard plastic thats about it when i opended it. Yes the driver netting is also abit crude in the way it is cut. :p But its handmade so its great! hehe

got the Reversed Senn HD 414 pads right now with an quarter mod in the middle, sounds very nice now probably better than bowls. Havent tried the electrical tape on the bowls yet. Comfort for me is better on the Senn HD 414.

Mar 23, 2009 at 6:37 PM Post #11 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by sengman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well it tells us Grado and Aless sell sound/music not looks
hahaha..

I actually think that my sr325i and my previous MS2i look better than my ATH-W5000, which is voted to be one of the best looking headphones here
L3000.gif

Mar 23, 2009 at 9:21 PM Post #12 of 18
Sounds like a cold solder joint or oxidation in a connection. They should send you another set so you don't have to be without music. They do sound good. I've decided to get a pair one day.

Mar 29, 2009 at 7:50 AM Post #14 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by lutwey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i feel so stupid. i probably didnt plug it all the way in. the guy told me i can always send it back. so i think ill try it out for a couple of days. the ms2 are using that 1/4 plug and i can feel that snap even though the plug is not all the way in. ohwell thanks guys.

haha happens to the best of us

Users who are viewing this thread

Back