Alessandro MS1 versus Sennheiser HD 25 II LE
Aug 19, 2009 at 4:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

RuiCanela

100+ Head-Fier
Hi everyone. I'm thinking of selling my MS1 and buy HD 25 II LE, but I'm not shure if I'll change for better, so I would apreciate some opinions... What do you think of this possible change?

Aug 19, 2009 at 6:37 PM Post #2 of 7
Is there something about the MS1 that you don't like? Or are you just wanting to experiment with a different headphone? I've read mixed reviews on the Senn 25 II phones, most people saying they aren't as lively as the Grado family phones, but maybe that's what you are looking for.

I've never heard the HD 25 phones, but back when I had the SR80 several months ago, I also tried a couple of mid-level Senn phones: eH350, and a closed one, can't remember which. I never could seem to connect with the Senn phones as they were just too timid, bass-heavy, and soft in the trebles for my tastes. The Grados always brought a smile back to my face. MS1's do that now.

Aug 19, 2009 at 8:23 PM Post #3 of 7
The MS1 is better than the HD25 in every respect but isolation.

Aug 20, 2009 at 10:05 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by kmhaynes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there something about the MS1 that you don't like? Or are you just wanting to experiment with a different headphone? I've read mixed reviews on the Senn 25 II phones, most people saying they aren't as lively as the Grado family phones, but maybe that's what you are looking for.

I've never heard the HD 25 phones, but back when I had the SR80 several months ago, I also tried a couple of mid-level Senn phones: eH350, and a closed one, can't remember which. I never could seem to connect with the Senn phones as they were just too timid, bass-heavy, and soft in the trebles for my tastes. The Grados always brought a smile back to my face. MS1's do that now.

Yes In fact I would like to try some diferent headphones with better comfort and isolation, but I'm not shure if I will like hd25 sound (my favorite cans are AKG K701) . I'm affraid hd25's will be a bit dark for my hears...

Jan 25, 2010 at 6:55 PM Post #5 of 7
Now I've tried both and I can say, 100% shure, that MS1 are much better in SQ! Sennheiser only wins in confort and sound isolation (but this is not relevant when you compare closed type with open type cabs).

Jan 25, 2010 at 7:01 PM Post #6 of 7
I would have to agree by the smallest of margins as well. I love the HD-25-1's ability to isolate, as well as the pronounced bass for hip-hop and dance music, but the MS-1i's bring the more balanced, lively sound. Unfortunately they are no good as portables (hence the 25-1's).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back