Alessandro - Ms-2...OMG
Dec 11, 2005 at 6:40 AM Post #16 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by allenf
And yes also!!!!!!
I had a laugh at the long-date misunderstanding lost-in-translation!!!

lol!
orphsmile.gif

you know , I was hunting around for a new signature ..
now I'll keep my eyes on your posts ..
tongue.gif

Dec 11, 2005 at 8:35 AM Post #20 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by allenf
Proper leather headband!
I'm going to bed.

Yup, that is the only thing holding my HF-1's back.

Dec 11, 2005 at 3:55 PM Post #22 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by DieInAFire
Think of the MS Pros...

Nah the MS-Pros are a little different to the MS-2. Lush Midrange, recessed highs and warmer bass, whereas I am told the RS-1 is closer to the MS-2 by some o_O

Dec 11, 2005 at 4:36 PM Post #23 of 28
Would anyone with experience of the 325is and the MS-2s care to comment?
It's like one would expect metal-bodied cans to have a particular sonic sig - but I can't hear that. I am hearing extreme smoothness with no harshness at all.
My expectations have been exceeded by some considerable margin.

Dec 11, 2005 at 8:23 PM Post #24 of 28
I had the old MS2 and it was awesome, if not for RS-1 and HP-2 I would have been more than happy with the old MS2 as my grado. It rocks, its smooth, its balanced, its funky, and chicks love it...however, chicks dig the rs-1's more because of the wood (the ladies love the wood lol).

Congrats! Great value and great performance, nothing wrong with that
biggrin.gif

Dec 12, 2005 at 12:09 AM Post #25 of 28
I owned the MS-2 for a while, but ended up finding their bass lacking so I traded them for a 325i. The 325i had better bass (both volume & impact), but they were not as neutral as the MS-2 (bumped highs, metallic midrange). I never tried the MS-2 with flat pads, so they might have helped
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 12, 2005 at 1:31 AM Post #26 of 28
How much better are they than the MS-1's? the MS-1 was going to be my first set of cans (i'm getting super-fi's for x-mas), but if the sound is WAY better, I might just get MS-2's right away

Thanks.

Dec 12, 2005 at 1:41 AM Post #27 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuks
How much better are they than the MS-1's? the MS-1 was going to be my first set of cans (i'm getting super-fi's for x-mas), but if the sound is WAY better, I might just get MS-2's right away

Thanks.

Thinking of upgrading already?
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 12, 2005 at 2:28 AM Post #28 of 28
^Haha, it has. I haven't even gotten my first good pair of phones, and already I'm planning to save for a xin supermini and ms-1 or 2's. I'm already sorry about my wallet and the spending hasn't even started yet!

By the way, does everyone think this will be a good setup? 3rd gen ipod -> turbodock (or moon audio, or whatever sounds the best) ->Supermini-> ms1's or 2's?

Also, I'm happy to hear about your ms-2's. I eagerly await the day I can get my hands on a good setup!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back