Alessandro MS-1 vs. Grado SR60 vs. Grado SR80
Dec 5, 2004 at 3:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

X14Halo

Head-Fier
Alessandro MS-1 vs. Grado SR60 vs. Grado SR80 which is best for gaming on laptop/music on laptop/iPod ????
confused.gif
eggosmile.gif

Dec 5, 2004 at 4:12 AM Post #2 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by X14Halo
Alessandro MS-1 vs. Grado SR60 vs. Grado SR80 which is best for gaming on laptop/music on laptop/iPod ????
confused.gif
eggosmile.gif

SR60 is probably a best buy.
If you want balanced sound, MS1 is the choice.

Dec 5, 2004 at 4:26 AM Post #3 of 29
well since this would be a christmas present from my parents money isnt too much of an issue between those 3 headphones. So disregarding money, which out of the 3 is better for gaming and music listening on my laptop/iPod

Dec 5, 2004 at 4:35 AM Post #4 of 29
no response yet from the alessandro/grado guru?

Dec 5, 2004 at 4:36 AM Post #5 of 29
Quote:

well since this would be a christmas present from my parents money isnt too much of an issue between those 3 headphones. So disregarding money, which out of the 3 is better for gaming and music listening on my laptop/iPod

MS-1 can meet very broad needs. SR60 and SR80 is probably designed for Rock.
If I were you, I go for MS-1.

Dec 5, 2004 at 4:52 AM Post #6 of 29
does the ms-1 provide alot of bass though...cuz i like to listen to alot of rock and metal. Thing is though, i also like to listen to other stuff sometimes like jazz/funk. And dont forget about gaming on my laptop.

Dec 5, 2004 at 4:55 AM Post #7 of 29
Quote:

does the ms-1 provide alot of bass though...cuz i like to listen to alot of rock and metal. Thing is though, i also like to listen to other stuff sometimes like jazz/funk. And dont forget about gaming on my laptop.

Alessandro has strong bass. The difference between Alessandro and Graod is:
Alessandro has more refined bass. Grado has forward bass.

Dec 5, 2004 at 4:57 AM Post #8 of 29
MS1 for every use, unless you're trying to save $10-30. Then again you'll spend some of that on shipping for the SR60 or SR80, not to mention aspirin for their highs.

Own or have had SR80, SR225 and MS1.

Dec 5, 2004 at 4:58 AM Post #9 of 29
Enough already! Doesn't anyone here know the search feature? Everyday, there are at least 2 active threads on the MS-1.
confused.gif

OK, you guys are new additions, so here's a disclaimer: not everyone here is as grumpy as I am now, and I'm usually much nicer.
eggosmile.gif

But hey, you're much better off making searches. Lots of people have written on this and some of them will not repeat themselves (for the 10th time).

Dec 5, 2004 at 6:04 AM Post #11 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by recephasan
Enough already! Doesn't anyone here know the search feature? Everyday, there are at least 2 active threads on the MS-1.
confused.gif

OK, you guys are new additions, so here's a disclaimer: not everyone here is as grumpy as I am now, and I'm usually much nicer.
eggosmile.gif

But hey, you're much better off making searches. Lots of people have written on this and some of them will not repeat themselves (for the 10th time).

Hey man, ease up a little bit! He's a new guy!

Dec 5, 2004 at 6:22 AM Post #12 of 29
Quote:

sorry......
rolleyes.gif
eggosmile.gif

No worries - welcome to head-fi and sorry about your wallet! The good thing about the Grados/Alessandros is that a Laptop headphone out will drive them - dunno about how nicely, but due to their low impedance it's no prob. However, for gaming you might be disappointed because these cans have a very small soundstage and are very forward. Therefore, the 3D surround imaging and soundstage you need from a gaming can might be lacking. When I need to get my game on, I'll put on the DT770 instead because of these reasons.

If you are going to use the cans in a non-portable situation, I'd suggest the 80 Ohm version of the DT770, with the note that down the line an amp would be in your best interests.

Dec 5, 2004 at 6:25 AM Post #13 of 29
I personally found the MS1 to be boring at times, but more or less an overall good phone. Just don't listen to loud or you'll develop tinnitus. I must mention it isn't great w/ soundstage, which is important in FPS games and whatnot (anything which requires pinpointing/positioning).

Also, I don't think recesephan meant to come off so rude by his post, he's just saying what many of us are thinking. It's just that many threads on similar topics come up frequently, often right on the same page. Besides, I've said much, much worse to newbs in the past.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 5, 2004 at 6:37 AM Post #14 of 29
in other words, all is forgiven, unless you start a "how do you pronounce 'Grado'?" thread.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back