Alessandro MS-1 - Too Fun?
Mar 25, 2006 at 12:16 PM Post #16 of 19
I've only had my MS-1 about a week now, they came with the comfies of course, and I used them at first, but at the same time as I ordered the MS-1s I also ordered a couple sets of Senn 414s to quarter mod and install. So I'm listening with the 414s at the moment. After I'm sure the cans have fully settled in I plan to reinstall the comfies and see what difference it makes.

I purchased the MS-1s with the idea that if I liked them enough(they appeared as though they would sound quite similar to my speaker system, and they do!)that I would probably upgrade to the MS-2s as my final cans. The beautiful thing is that any mod made to MS-1s can be moved to MS-2s later!

The real trick will be; after getting MS-2s, will be leaving this forum and blocking it thru my computer. My wallet demands it!!
biggrin.gif

The next step is to get a pair of bowls and give them a try. It seems that all folks have different ears and there is such a question as to what works best for each individual that there is only one way to find out!
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 25, 2006 at 2:39 PM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorander
The flat pads work the best with MS-2 for me. Bowl pads make them 'awash' with excessive treble.

The difference between pads is quite strong too. I use the sr60 and sr225 and continually change the pads for a different sound.

On both though, I always feel more at ease with the bowls although the comfort issue can be literally a pain. If Grado made the bowls funnel out a bit more so that your ears went right inside, it would make all the difference.

Now someone is going to suggest the 'Beyer' mod .....
tongue.gif

Ian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back