Alessandro MS-1 + Dutch import taxes?
Oct 31, 2006 at 6:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Kaaspeer

Head-Fier
Well I'm looking into the MS1 but I don't have a clue what price to expect when I import it to the Netherlands considering the import taxes.

Does anyone know anything more about this?

Or should i just not bother with the MS-1 and go for a K81DJ or HD485?

Oct 31, 2006 at 6:43 PM Post #2 of 9
I've never paid import taxes on stuff I bought overseas. For big things like cars you can't avoid it though.

The import tax is variable so to find out I think it would be wise if you called the BelastingTelefoon Douane (0800 - 0143)

http://www.douane.nl/particulier/internetaankopen/

I wouldn't worry about it though and just pay&pray
biggrin.gif

Oct 31, 2006 at 6:48 PM Post #3 of 9
Just to be certain, so i only need to pay BTW (Dutch VAT) if Dutch customs are acting like asses...

Which means that i pay about €85,- if i have to pay taxes.
Lol that's pretty sweet, that's €15,- less than SR-60's (European GRADO prices are insane).

Oct 31, 2006 at 7:23 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaaspeer
Just to be certain, so i only need to pay BTW (Dutch VAT) if Dutch customs are acting like asses...

Which means that i pay about €85,- if i have to pay taxes.
Lol that's pretty sweet, that's €15,- less than SR-60's (European GRADO prices are insane).

No, you'll also have to pay douanerechten in addition to BTW, which is €15 IIRC. But don't worry, it happened only twice to me and I've bought many things overseas. If it's send with regular mail there's only a very small chance you'll have to pay.

Nov 1, 2006 at 3:17 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaaspeer
Aah alright, €100,- is a price i can live with if the dutch customs are going to be fussy.

Thanks for the info!

If you don't mind buying used, I'm selling mine MS1's here and these will be delivered from within Europe:
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=201819

Nov 1, 2006 at 5:46 PM Post #8 of 9
Oh and you can always ask them to mark the items as a gift just to be sure. It's not exactly legal so most companies won't do it. In that case you could let them deliver to a friend in that country and have him mail it to you as a gift.

Nov 1, 2006 at 11:03 PM Post #9 of 9
iirc Alessandro doesn't ship their products as 'gifts', the chances of avoiding costums (and thus VAT and import rights) are very slim.

A member on the forum here (Luuk) told me once that he paid 110 euro including taxes and that he had to wait 6 weeks due to Alessandro's slow shipping and the Dutch customs.

I would buy used if I were you, it saves you time and money

Users who are viewing this thread

Back