Alessandro delivery time to UK?
May 30, 2007 at 8:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

sid_

Head-Fier
How long does airmail delivery from Alessandro to the UK normally take?

I've been given the date that my headphones were sent, I'm just trying to work out when to expect them.

May 31, 2007 at 6:43 AM Post #2 of 12
The delivery was 6 days to Sweden and I guess UK would be similar.

May 31, 2007 at 9:50 AM Post #4 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by tony4563 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Be prepared to pay import duty (around £13.50) and also the new £8 handling charge that Royal Mail introduced on April 1st 2007 for imported goods.

i've ordred a pair of stax from audiocubes, and i didn't get charged a fee from royal mail.

May 31, 2007 at 10:12 AM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by captian73 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i've ordred a pair of stax from audiocubes, and i didn't get charged a fee from royal mail.

Did u have to pay for duty fee ??
I want to save money to buy an amp from rudistor in EU, so if they send it to UK, do I have to pay for the tax ???? It's pain in the ass to pay for tax ...

May 31, 2007 at 10:55 AM Post #6 of 12
I think mine took about 1 1/2 weeks which was quite quick. It would have been much slower if it was checked going through customs. Fortunately mine wasn't and didn't have to pay a charge. That's just luck though!

May 31, 2007 at 11:06 AM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by tony4563 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Be prepared to pay import duty (around £13.50) and also the new £8 handling charge that Royal Mail introduced on April 1st 2007 for imported goods.

Is this handling fee just when you are charged duty? I have had several packages from abroad recently (inclusing a pair of KSC-75s from the US) and haven't been charged a handling fee or duty.

Simon

May 31, 2007 at 11:16 AM Post #8 of 12
two years back, my MS2i took around 8/9 days to turn up from Alessandro. I had to pay around £15 in fees if I remember correctly. But the headphones were declared as MS1 so I paid fees for a value of $99 rather than $299.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 31, 2007 at 6:54 PM Post #9 of 12
It was an official notice that I read at Royal Mail whilst waiting in the queue for a parcel I'd come to collect. I was told by an employee that any duty owing is paid to Royal Mail who then send it to HM Customs and Excise. The new £8.00 Royal Mail handling charge is a totally seperate charge. I didn't think anymore about it as I picked my MS2's up mid March so it didn't affect me, but it wouldn't really have surprised me being rip off Britain!

Jun 1, 2007 at 11:58 AM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deaf As An Adder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did u have to pay for duty fee ??
I want to save money to buy an amp from rudistor in EU, so if they send it to UK, do I have to pay for the tax ???? It's pain in the ass to pay for tax ...

There are no duties or tax when you import from EU to the UK as tax is already included in the price.

It can be a pot luck on whether you get charged on an item coming from outside the EU, if you do then charges can include vat, customs and the carrier admin fee (they charge you to handle to customs fee payments).

Jun 2, 2007 at 9:18 PM Post #11 of 12
Small update for those who are interested:

My headphones were shipped on Wedensday 23rd May and today (Saturday 2nd of June) I received a note from the Royal Mail. My headphones are sitting at the local depot and there's a £16.63 payment due as a customs charge - this includes the £8 handling charge.

I've paid online and I'm looking forward to them delivering on Monday
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back