Alessandro Confirmation...?
Mar 2, 2006 at 2:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

tony4563

Head-Fier
Hi. Ordered somes MS-1's from the Alessandro site about 3 weeks ago. Got an email to to confirm order, but do they email you to let you know when they've despatched your goods?
confused.gif
I'm in the UK by the way. Also, anyone from UK NOT paid duty tax on arrival of their headphones?
biggrin.gif

Mar 2, 2006 at 4:32 PM Post #2 of 22
I'm in Canada so I don't know how it differs, but I ended up paying some small amount of duty (about $12CAD) when mine showed up. If you're wondering about shipping I suggest you call them. They don't seem ot respond to email too well but are very friendly over the phone. Mine were shipped the day after ordering but still took about 4-5 weeks (stupid customs).

Mar 2, 2006 at 5:47 PM Post #4 of 22
I got charged PST and GST (total of 15%) at the post office on $99 USD worth of goods when I picked them up. I also got charged a $5 CAD customs fee.

Mar 2, 2006 at 5:57 PM Post #5 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by tony4563
Hi. Ordered somes MS-1's from the Alessandro site about 3 weeks ago. Got an email to to confirm order, but do they email you to let you know when they've despatched your goods?
confused.gif
I'm in the UK by the way. Also, anyone from UK NOT paid duty tax on arrival of their headphones?
biggrin.gif

No despatch email and no duty on my MS2is. The box showed the headphones were rated at $50 for Customs purposes
wink.gif

And they took 6 days door-to-door
biggrin.gif

Mar 2, 2006 at 9:09 PM Post #7 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by slowvr4
I ordered a pair on Feb. 17th, but no word yet on them.. And I'm in the US. =\

the $99 was just taken out of my account a few mins ago.. I guess that means they shipped out today. hooray.

Mar 2, 2006 at 11:24 PM Post #8 of 22
oooh, that does not sound good to me - I also ordered MS-1s as a present two weeks ago. And since then I was wondering why they did not debit my credit card. Mmh, seems the MS-1 are not in stock at the moment. Hope they do not arrive too late
frown.gif

Leo

Mar 3, 2006 at 12:55 AM Post #9 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by schapman
I'm in Canada so I don't know how it differs, but I ended up paying some small amount of duty (about $12CAD) when mine showed up. If you're wondering about shipping I suggest you call them. They don't seem ot respond to email too well but are very friendly over the phone. Mine were shipped the day after ordering but still took about 4-5 weeks (stupid customs).

those aint duty, just taxes.

u'd get no confirmation on shipped order from alessandro....the next thing u'd know after waiting for some long weeks is that *BUZZZZ* "hello, I've got a parcel for you", or a slip on your mailbox.

Mar 3, 2006 at 2:15 AM Post #10 of 22
I ordered a pair 2 1/2 weeks ago with no word. I'm guessing headphones I bought 2 weeks later will arrive before my ms-1 does.

Mar 3, 2006 at 3:43 AM Post #11 of 22
For the record, this sort of thing happens a lot with Alessandro. They do not send confirmations outside of the initial order confirmation.

They just kind of show up. The time frame varies depending on stock... Just hold off and they'll show up.

Mar 6, 2006 at 6:27 PM Post #12 of 22
I ordered mine on 2-17 and still awaiting them as well(I'm in the US). If I'd known it would take this long I would have waited for the fs forum and got the one of the few that have passed through there since I ordered:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back