Alcoholic Beverages
Aug 14, 2005 at 3:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 48

Jasonharkin

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys, I just wanted to inquire whats your favourite alcoholic beverage and how much do you drink a week
icon10.gif
open to over 21's in the states over 18's in Europe and over 10's in Ireland.

Regards

Aug 14, 2005 at 3:15 AM Post #2 of 48
I normally drink, beer, the type of beer I drink is wide ranging from Brahma to Stella, I am also fond of Gin and Tonics. Saying that, Tonite I drank half a litre of the good old Russian stuff vodka mixed with sprite.

Regards

Aug 14, 2005 at 3:36 AM Post #3 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasonharkin
Hi guys, I just wanted to inquire whats your favourite alcoholic beverage and how much do you drink a week
icon10.gif
open to over 21's in the states over 18's in Europe and over 10's in Ireland.

Regards

nail polish remover...

love that stuff, yum.

Aug 14, 2005 at 3:42 AM Post #5 of 48
Usually beer, but lately the girlfriend and I have been addicted to margaritas. I can't seem to drink Vodka anymore and I don't care for most bourbons. Today we went to Applebee's; I had a Mucho Margarita and a 22 oz. draft of Newcastle.
cool.gif
Their "Perfect Margarita" is excellent, highly recommended if your local bartender knows what they're doing. It's cheaper just to make them at home though, so I've got a liter of Jose Cuervo in the freezer and some margarita mix in the fridge standing by.
biggrin.gif

Aug 14, 2005 at 4:03 AM Post #6 of 48
I have acquired a fondness to Guinness Extra Stout, and Jagermeister with Old Style being my favorite cheap beer. I can’t really tell exactly how much I drink per week, because sometimes a week, or two will go by without any alcoholic beverages. But, depending on whom I with, and what I am doing at the time I usually drink between 6 to 18 Extra Stouts, or a whole 750ml bottle of Jagermeister.

Aug 14, 2005 at 4:51 AM Post #7 of 48
I quit drinking and recently quit smoking cigarettes ( 5 days so far cold turkey, no cravings yet ... )

I gave those up to focus on something else.

Look at avatar for a clue ...
tongue.gif

Aug 14, 2005 at 5:00 AM Post #8 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by mtkversion
I quit drinking and recently quit smoking cigarettes ( 5 days so far cold turkey, no cravings yet ... )

I gave those up to focus on something else.

Look at avatar for a clue ...
tongue.gif

You should try sniffing glue, come on man... everyones doing it!

Aug 14, 2005 at 5:16 AM Post #9 of 48
I'm a big fan of vodka here, especially Stoli's Raspberry or the Grey Goose. I also like the occasional beer as well, usually go for the Corona, Blue Moon, or Guinness. I also like the occasional cocktail drink, especially fond of the Red Headed person myself.

Aug 14, 2005 at 5:31 AM Post #10 of 48
ok a real post:

Great drinks are:

red devil, long island iced tea, caiprihana, mohito, a very well prepared manhatten (just right), vodka martini: choice vodkas are ketel one, grey goose, etc..., single malt scotch (see the 30 page long thread), rum and anything, white russian, black russian.

Fun shooters are irish car bomb, dr pepper shot, lemon drop shot, pure agave tequilla ; ).

Aug 14, 2005 at 5:41 AM Post #11 of 48
I like a nice pint of Smithwick's Ale or Guinness with dinner. Also rather fond of vodka tonics with Stoli or Three Olives when not drinking beer.

Aug 14, 2005 at 7:00 AM Post #14 of 48
Huge beer drinker here. Started on the Japanese stuff - the best, when ice-cold and from the tap is Suntory Malts. This stuff with good ramen, sushi, gyoza, you name it, heaven. Unfortunately, it is absolute crap out of bottles and cans.

Out of the other major Japanese draft beers,its Yebisu, Asahi Super Dry, Sapporo and Kirin, roughly in that order. Kirin's got a weird bitter edge to it I sometimes like, sometimes don't. Bottled, I'd have to go with Heartland as the best, then the rest in about the same order. Yebisu Black is okay, but if I wanted that, I'd pick Guiness every time. Here in the States, I find I'm taking a conservative approach by getting Stella or Guiness when going out drinking.

Fairly big wine drinker. In Japan was a big fan of wines from Washington state (go figure). Just fairly accessible and easy to drink without being too boring or bombastic as some of other wines I've had go. Big fan of Chateau Ste Michelle. Was very much into their Eroica riesling, but not so much now. Still enjoy their reds.

Other than that, I actually started as a martini drinker (heh, it fit the yuppie lawyer image), but I've moved away from it and other hard alcohol. Preferred gin over vodka though.

Lately been exploring port.

Ought to start exploring gins and scotch and other real drinks again, since I'm headed to NYC and I'm sure I'll meet plenty of other hard drinkers.

-Jason

Postscript: Oh, as to how much. I wouldn't advise this for anyone, but for beer, I'd averaged about 1.5 ~ 2 liters a day, every day, while a lawyer in Japan. So I guess rather than get rocked on gin or vodka, I'd just put down a lot of beer and conk out every night, around 3AM. Having to take a leak in the morning (6AM) was a good way of waking up real early and going back into work.

Aug 14, 2005 at 7:02 AM Post #15 of 48
beer:
pilzner urquell
feral brewing belgium whit bier
cheap one: little creatures rogers ale.

spirits:
absolut & tonic
bombay sapphire & tonic
25 yr old single malt scotch + ice or water, maybe a dash of soda.

wine:
a nice early to mid 80's latour or petrus.
krug or dom vintage (love the 85 clos de mensil)
the $6 cleanskin sauvignon blanc that my local bottle shop has, its absolutely phonmenol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back