Albuquerque, NM meet: April 29, 2017!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 29, 2017 at 3:10 AM Post #62 of 86
Hello all,
Sorry, I am only just now checking back in on this thread. Still planning on coming though not sure when and for how long. As a side note to the library card issue: You may want to consider North Domingo Baca as a possible future venue. Requires a membership to reserve a room but it's $13/year, completely reasonable and you can use the gym as part of that membership. They have a few larger rooms. Looking forward to meeting you tomorrow. Please excuse the total newbie questions I will be asking. I much prefer to gather information from people than from searching infinite forum threads.

Apr 29, 2017 at 9:44 AM Post #63 of 86
What a lovey start to today! View from of back yard.

There are some cautions on NMRoads.com, but hopefully I'll be able to get there. Leaving now!

Snow.jpeg

Apr 29, 2017 at 10:22 AM Post #64 of 86
I'm going to be late. I'm having trouble getting out of Los Alamos. Lots of snow. Somewhat white out conditions.

Save me a table!

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2017 at 12:09 PM Post #65 of 86
I will not be attending the meet today with my amplifier. It is a rather beastly thing (about 70 pounds worth) and with the weather being what it is I do not want to risk the weather exposure. My apologies to all the members.
Tony

Apr 29, 2017 at 7:30 PM Post #70 of 86
Great meet. I think 8 or 9 folks showed up. Lots of equipment to listen to. Hi light was the hi end stax gear with the blue Hawaii.

Maybe we can have another meet in September.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2017 at 11:06 PM Post #71 of 86
So glad I came today and got to listen to the different headphones. Thank you everyone for so generously sharing your gear and your expertise. My ears have been spoiled forever. The hunt for my next pair of headphones begins...

Apr 30, 2017 at 8:18 AM Post #72 of 86
T2 delays and terrible weather; alas, it wasn't meant to be. I hope you gentlemen had a ball.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2017 at 11:32 AM Post #73 of 86
A fun meet. I was the second to arrive, but I only live about 5-10 minutes away. The snow knocked down attendance quite a bit.

I brought WAY too much equipment, as people didn't get a chance to listen to half of it. I couldn't get my Mojo Audio DAC running so wound up using my Apple Laptop with iTunes. In retrospect, probably should have tried driving the DAC with my laptop. Oh well. Next time.

Nevertheless the Stax headphones were a hit - a couple people commented that they were seriously thinking of saving up for some. Most people listened to the Blue Hawaii SE, and about 1/2 preferred the SR-007 with spritzer's port mod, and half preferred the SR-009. A couple people listened to my modified SRM-T1 (better input jacks, wiring and TKD pot, and constant current load output stage). In comparison, the Blue Hawaii was better (duh!), but the modded T1 held up very well.

I got a chance to listen to Alan's Focal Utopia headphones, but only through my lowly Gilmore Lite SS amp, so I won't make any comparisons to the Stax.

Last edited:
May 1, 2017 at 1:00 PM Post #75 of 86
Heat meet. I think 8 or 9 folks showed up. Lots of equipment to listen to. Hi light was the hi end stax gear with the blue Hawaii.

Maybe we can have another meet in September.

Those Stax and the Utopia seem to land on every head eventually, but I think the unsung hero of this meet-up was the TH-900. Out of all the headphones there, that one saw the most direct A/B'ing, the most pads swaps, and the most amp pairings. And, personally, that's the one headphone I could most realistically see myself buying in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back