Albuquerque, NM meet: April 29, 2017!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 22, 2017 at 11:30 PM Post #47 of 86
A few of us Santa Fe Audio Society members will be making the trip down to join you guy's, really looking forward to event as I had a great time at the last one!

We only have 9 tables, so I'm getting a little worried about space. I'm hopeful we will have enough space, but how many folks from Santa Fe will be bringing equipment?

Apr 23, 2017 at 1:23 AM Post #49 of 86
How big are the tables?

CoFire thinks 3'x6'. He also said he had a few tables he could bring. We will need to share tables where possible. I cannot bring any this year.

It's great that we may need a larger room in the future!

Apr 23, 2017 at 1:30 AM Post #50 of 86
Central and Unser has a much larger room available on Saturday. I know it's last minute, but CoFire, can you look into this on Monday? It's way the heck on the west side, but having elbow room would be good.

Apr 23, 2017 at 11:05 AM Post #52 of 86
No talk of any Santa Fe members bringing anything thus far besides headphones. I will forward your concerns, thanks!

Oh, ok. Should be no problem then. Would stil like to have a larger room, though.

Apr 23, 2017 at 11:11 AM Post #53 of 86
I am still a tough maybe. May get the T2 in time after all.

Apr 26, 2017 at 7:31 PM Post #54 of 86
Question, from someone who's never been to one of these: how do we normally go about sourcing music to all of these wonderful pieces of gear? Are people bringing laptops filled with music? Should we be bringing external drives with music? Any info appreciated, thanks!

Apr 26, 2017 at 7:57 PM Post #55 of 86
I'm bringing a DAP and my phone (which has some FLAC on it). I think people are going to have to be responsible for bringing sources to go with their own equipment.

Apr 27, 2017 at 12:15 AM Post #56 of 86
We are in a bit of a bind folks. We need a person with an Albuquerque Library Card to contact myself and @CoFire as soon as possible. CoFire cannot attend, so we need a person to work with CoFire on the Library reservation.

Also, we have larger room, but we need tables. I cannot bring any this time as I will be in a smaller car. Can anyone bring tables? If we can't get any, we will survive, but a few extra tables would be greatly appreciated.

We are still working to finalize the location.

Apr 27, 2017 at 9:52 AM Post #57 of 86
I don't have a library card, but I do have tables. I have two folding tables about 6 feet long that I'll bring.

Apr 27, 2017 at 11:10 AM Post #58 of 86
Given the charlie foxtrot that was the site update, but mostly the timing of the update, let's not change the meet location. The extra tables may still be needed, so thanks phthora.

See you all at Cherry Hills on Saturday.

Apr 27, 2017 at 6:19 PM Post #59 of 86
I need to stress the importance for a person with an Albuquerque library card to step up and contact me.

Apr 28, 2017 at 12:29 PM Post #60 of 86
MEET-UP UPDATE:
Everything is ready to roll for the Cherry Hills Library Meet-Up on Saturday!

I got my library card this morning, and called the Cherry Hills location to change the name for the check-in from @CoFire 's to mine. The librarian confirmed that the switch was made in the computer system and that the room will be available to us for Saturday, exactly as it would have been under @CoFire 's reservation. We can consider the location finalized. Can't wait to see everyone and hear everything on Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back