Albuquerque, NM meet: April 29, 2017!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2017 at 7:54 PM Post #31 of 86
  So

Some of the finest headphones on the planet are IEM.

Hope to see you
L3000.gif

Awesome; I can bring:

IEMs:

Campfire Andromeda
Super Audio 7 (Chinese 7BA per side)

DAP:

Sony NW-WM1A (the SE output won't do much for full-size cans, but I have a 4.4mm balanced to female 4-pin XLR adapter on order which I'll bring if it arrives in time!)

Mar 31, 2017 at 6:46 PM Post #32 of 86
So I dropped by the room to check things out. It had the following:

9 tables (3x6's I think)
About 50-60 chairs
6 wall plugs around the room
Air conditioning control to as low as 71F.

The room is on the left hand side when you enter the library, even before you enter the doors too enter the main library area.

Mar 31, 2017 at 6:56 PM Post #33 of 86
Oh! I didn't even think of that. I have two 3x6-ish folding tables and a couple of folding chairs to bring, as well.

What other kind of non-audio equipment are we going to need? Power strips? Extension cords?

Mar 31, 2017 at 6:58 PM Post #34 of 86
So I dropped by the room to check things out. It had the following:

9 tables (3x6's I think)
About 50-60 chairs
6 wall plugs around the room
Air conditioning control to as low as 71F.

The room is on the left hand side when you enter the library, even before you enter the doors too enter the main library area.

yikes. I didn't think it would have so few plugs. well, each person gets one plug. Bring an extension cord and power strip. 

Mar 31, 2017 at 6:59 PM Post #35 of 86
Sounds like the Mr. Speakers Ethers and Aeons will be well represented thanks to Ben at Mojo Audio!
Awesome, thanks Ben. I pre-ordered the Aeons and have read some great things. Can not wait to hear
them already and the Utopia. See you there!

Mar 31, 2017 at 7:10 PM Post #37 of 86
yikes. I didn't think it would have so few plugs. well, each person gets one plug. Bring an extension cord and power strip. 

When I say 6 plugs, I guys I mean 6 outlets, sorry. Some with 2 plugs, others with 4 plugs per outlet. Apologies for the slang.

Apr 8, 2017 at 2:12 PM Post #39 of 86
Hey everybody. I'm an Albuquerque local who has been reading this site for some time. First discovered it when looking online for headphone reviews and came upon David Mahler's incredible Battle of the Flagships comparison. As of now, I have listened to exactly zero of the 58 headphones he reviewed, but I'm still fairly new to the hobby. I'm happily using the Bowers and Wilkins P7 Wireless headphones now (based on the positive reviews by Head-Fi members),  but would like to venture outside the world of closed-back headphones and look at some serious systems. It would be great to get to meet you all and pick your brains/ get some idea of what I would like to get for a home setup. Hopefully you'll have me!

Apr 8, 2017 at 3:00 PM Post #40 of 86
  Hey everybody. I'm an Albuquerque local who has been reading this site for some time. First discovered it when looking online for headphone reviews and came upon David Mahler's incredible Battle of the Flagships comparison. As of now, I have listened to exactly zero of the 58 headphones he reviewed, but I'm still fairly new to the hobby. I'm happily using the Bowers and Wilkins P7 Wireless headphones now (based on the positive reviews by Head-Fi members),  but would like to venture outside the world of closed-back headphones and look at some serious systems. It would be great to get to meet you all and pick your brains/ get some idea of what I would like to get for a home setup. Hopefully you'll have me!

Awesome! We look forward to meeting you. You don't have to bring anything, but it's recommended so you can share, and so you can compare. Can I add you to the list in the first post and put down what you are bringing?

Apr 8, 2017 at 8:32 PM Post #41 of 86
Great, looking forward to it! Like I say, I'm still fairly new to this so I only have the P7Ws to bring, which I happily will. I don't think my wife's Skullcandy IEMs would create much fervor so I'll leave those at home. Also, won't be able to get there till early afternoon.

Apr 19, 2017 at 12:53 PM Post #43 of 86
Just finding out about this.  Is it too late to join you guys?  I can bring two rigs.  1.  Stax Lambda Signatures with Stax SRM-T1 tube amp.   2.  Macbook Pro JRiver/Tidal , Sony PHA-3 portable DAC/Amp.  4 different headphones for this.  1.  Audeze El-8 open (revised version)  2.  Sony MDR-Z7  3.  Sony MDR-Z5 IEM  4.  Denon AH-D5000.   Also have a Meridian MQA hardware decoder to demonstrate Tidal Masters.   Will bring a Nak CR-7A to inject some analog into the mix.

Apr 19, 2017 at 1:27 PM Post #44 of 86
  Just finding out about this.  Is it too late to join you guys?  I can bring two rigs.  1.  Stax Lambda Signatures with Stax SRM-T1 tube amp.   2.  Macbook Pro JRiver/Tidal , Sony PHA-3 portable DAC/Amp.  4 different headphones for this.  1.  Audeze El-8 open (revised version)  2.  Sony MDR-Z7  3.  Sony MDR-Z5 IEM  4.  Denon AH-D5000.   Also have a Meridian MQA hardware decoder to demonstrate Tidal Masters.   Will bring a Nak CR-7A to inject some analog into the mix.

Welcome! Not too late until the day after the meet. See you there!

Apr 21, 2017 at 11:59 AM Post #45 of 86

You can also listen to my modified SRM-T1 for comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back