Albuquerque, NM meet: April 29, 2017!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 5, 2017 at 8:30 PM Post #17 of 86
  Well then, I'm the guy arriving by pogostick!

I will bring my;

Mr Speakers Ether C Flow (upgraded)
Cavalli Carbon amp
Mojo Audio DAC

Is there any interest in Portable and "Low Fi" ?;

Headphones

Koss Porta Pros ?
Creative Aurvana Live ?
Noontec Zoro II ?

Portable Amplifiers

OPPO H2 portable amp + DAC ?
JBS Labs C5D Amplifier + DAC ?

Portable HiRes Player

iBasso DX50 ?

Excited to hear the Famous Focal Utopias!
Thanks for organizing again, Allan!

Burt Plotkin

I'm excited to hear the PortaPros! I keep almost buying them, but I have zero experience with good on-ears, so I hesitate.

In general, I am much more excited to hear the stuff I could buy without financial planning.

Mar 2, 2017 at 4:16 AM Post #19 of 86
Hello,
I made an account just so I could reply to this thread.
I have a budding interest in this as a hobby and am curious to hear different headphones and learn about all the terminology, equipment set-up etc. Is it ok for me to show up with nothing to share and just come and listen and compare?

Mar 2, 2017 at 9:20 AM Post #20 of 86
Hello,
I have a budding interest in this as a hobby and am curious to hear different headphones and learn about all the terminology, equipment set-up etc. Is it ok for me to show up with nothing to share and just come and listen and compare?

Only if you want to save lots of money with bad purchases. This is a two way street, you'll also lose lots of money on headphones, amps, dacs and accessories. All with interest are welcome.

Mar 2, 2017 at 1:54 PM Post #21 of 86
  Hello,

Yes, you are welcome to join us.

Mar 2, 2017 at 2:12 PM Post #22 of 86
I am really struggling between trying to save money knowing that I will want to buy something after the meet and buying something new beforehand to show off.
wink_face.gif

Mar 2, 2017 at 3:45 PM Post #23 of 86
  I am really struggling between trying to save money knowing that I will want to buy something after the meet and buying something new beforehand to show off.
wink_face.gif

Wait until you hear stuff and can talk to us nerds that have already spent a ton of money.

Mar 3, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #24 of 86
Benjamin from Mojo Audio here...

Last year's meet up was a blast
L3000.gif
Can't wait for this year's.

The week end before this meet up I'll be at AXPONA.

I lucked out and snagged the Clark room (formerlly Woo Audio).

We'll be attempting to do a quiet listening room.

Real quiet: the first 15 minutes each hour is for Q&A and for the remaining 45 minutes silent communication will be encouraged.

Noisy mobile devices and bodily functions will also be discouraged 
eek.gif

My exhibiting partners are MrSpeakers and WyWires.

Point being, I spoke with Dan from MrSpeakers last night, and I'll be bringing one of the sets of their new AEONs we're demoing at AXPONA to our meet up.

From what Dan tells me the AEONs have some characters people prefer to their significantly more expensive Flows.

I'll see if I can talk Dan into letting me borrow his set of prototype electrostatics headphones too
atsmile.gif

Of course I have a couple sets of new Ether Flows we'll be using at the show I can bring to our meetup as well.

And PM me if any of you are interested in any demo headphones, electronics, or cables from AXPONA.

Mar 3, 2017 at 12:31 PM Post #25 of 86
Well, I guess that settles my dilemma... A new DAC will have to wait. So excited to hear the Aeons!

Mar 3, 2017 at 12:42 PM Post #26 of 86
BTW, here's a photo of the Clark room (formerly Woo Audio) that we'll be sharing with MrSpeakers at AXPONA.

Prime location.

Photo taken from the elevators on the lower level...escalators are to the immediate left and stairs to the right :wink:

If anyone wants to hear anything from MrSpeakers aside from the AEONs let me know...I'm sure it won't be too hard to talk Dan into loaning it to us for our meetup
atsmile.gif

Mar 23, 2017 at 5:36 PM Post #27 of 86
I will be bringing my newly finished 20b headphone amp. I may also bring my new solid state amp and a new electrostatic amp which uses BHSE boards but my own input stage modifications and an autoformer volume control. The last two amps will be going to Chicago with Ben so they may be sold before the meet. Yeah, I've been busy making headphone amps!

Hopefully Ben will bring his HE-1000 V2 headphones and I will bring my HD-800's with my recent mods and Ben's cable as well as my silver cable. Ben brought over the 1000's for a listen as he is bringing the 20b up to Chicago for AXPONA. Pretty much a "game over" moment IMO. 

Tony

Mar 30, 2017 at 5:01 PM Post #29 of 86
Hello!  Kind of in the same boat as sweetlemon, except already pretty well-versed in the hobby; I'm exclusively an IEM guy these days, and I only have one or two of note to bring, but have been considering a pair of full-size headphones and would love to hear some of what you guys are bringing.  That OK?
smile_phones.gif

Mar 30, 2017 at 5:36 PM Post #30 of 86
So
  Hello!  Kind of in the same boat as sweetlemon, except already pretty well-versed in the hobby; I'm exclusively an IEM guy these days, and I only have one or two of note to bring, but have been considering a pair of full-size headphones and would love to hear some of what you guys are bringing.  That OK?
smile_phones.gif

Some of the finest headphones on the planet are IEM.

Hope to see you
L3000.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back