Albums That You'd Recommend
Nov 19, 2010 at 9:38 AM Post #91 of 129

Quote:
My brother has the complete LP set too ... it was listening to this LPs I heard first of them ... glad my brother has such nice music
k701smile.gif

He also has the Hvarf Heim DVD .... and you can get goosebumps watching and listening to that stuff ... it's really amazing ...

Pretty kool that you have a brother to share it with!

Nov 19, 2010 at 6:00 PM Post #92 of 129

Animals As Leaders - Animals As Leaders

Progressive, technical, just.. wild, man! (as Zaphod Beeblebrox would put it). This is something like Buckethead meets Dream Theater.  So intense..

Nov 20, 2010 at 2:57 AM Post #93 of 129
UFO..........STRANGERS IN THE NIGHT Still get chills from the pure energy and guitar work this has to offer LED ZEPPELIN..........4 Great sound of this band at their apex! The heavy drums are the biggest in rock! LED ZEPPELIN..........1 My first gateway hard rock record. T REX..........THE SLIDER This under rated masterpiece Bangs a Gong too. AT THE GATES..........SLAUGHTER OF THE SOUL This always runs on all eight pistons and gets the job done every time. Like many of my other favorites, it started a sub genre. METALLICA..........THE BLACK ALBUM The most loved and hated album they made. Hated as a change of sound and loved as a new direction for the band. Always there for me with an emotion of a movie. DEPECHE MODE..........BLACK CELEBRATION Strange for me to start again with playing Depeche Mode but after all these years this seems to be a classic. KRAFTWERK..........AUTOBAHN Who can even get away from this once it gets a hold of you? It seems like music that you would get sick of, but then haunts your dreams for a lifetime. Even though they made it for ridding in a car, I like to play it with my eyes closed laying down. THE BEATLES..........WHITE ALBUM {THE BEATLES] What could I even write? THE BEATLES..........ABBEY ROAD An old friend. JIMI HENDRIX..........ARE YOU EXPERIENCED? The sound of this even after all these years. It was heavy in it's day and remains heavy now. This album has changed the sound of rock. WHITE ZOMBIE..........LA SEXORCISTO The machine of this disk never stops. MAYHEM..........GRAND DECLARATION OF WAR Loved and hated by fans, this is another album I thought I would get tired of but never did. NIRVANA..........NEVERMIND When they put this out we all know how things changed. This is the real deal that sparks with energy. GOLDEN EARRING..........MOONTAN Some how it ends up being a personal favorite after buying it when it came out. Playing it once a day for a year leaves a scar. EMPEROR..........IN THE NIGHT SIDE ECLIPSE Again the mood is here from start to finish along with great musical skill. The recording could have been better but it may have lost the mood. It is what it is......history in the making. JUDAS PRIEST..........HELL BENT FOR LEATHER Perfect recorded metal. JUDAS PRIEST..........BRITISH STEAL Another all time monolithic masterpiece that stands the test of fashion, trends and time. This diddy is waiting for children of future generations to find and be inspired to learn guitar with. MARILYN MANSON..........ANTICHRIST SUPERSTAR Still really cool! PINK FLOYD..........DARK SIDE OF THE MOON I may be getting sick of this? I may come back to it but all and all it goes on the list. BLACK SABBATH..........BLACK SABBATH As kid I went to the used record store looking for Black Sabbath's Paranoid, they did not have it but this was waiting to change everything for me. Now all in one record Led Zeppelin was heavy rulers no more. A proto sound of things to come. Yes this record was scary, this record was a musical world all to itself. It never gets old. OK, I went over 20. Life is tough. BLACK SABBATH..........PARANOID Groovy, melting, smoldering, oozzing this may be the band at their best. A gateway record for all music of this type. My ears still ring 35 years later! BLACK SABBATH.......... SABBATH BLOODY SABBATH The opening riff starts a story! A band that is in full form with prog changes as well as making more metal history. I never tire of this master piece. Just made a high definition rip with a buddy to enjoy this LP in the future. BLACK SABBATH..........MASTER OF REALITY OK, so many refer to this as the first metal LP of all time. I may agree too. Things changed for Sabbath and all of a sudden the songs were fun. Compare this to Sabbath 1 and the songs are up beat! Injected with more groove and tightness. The songs sometimes don't change but when they do it is huge. This is another 20th century time capsule that layed the ground work and template for the future. I may put this away for a year, when it comes back on there is a reminder of the power and grace of this bright invention.

Nov 21, 2010 at 11:40 PM Post #98 of 129
Yes . Upon hearing My Life In The Bush Of Ghosts in 1981 I loved it. I still have the original LP and just purchased the new CD remaster! Some of the recordings were scary when we were 18 years old......HAHA

Dec 3, 2010 at 8:00 AM Post #99 of 129

"The 13th Floor" - Sirenia, CD, Nuclear Blast, 2009

Dec 5, 2010 at 7:15 AM Post #102 of 129

George Winston...Night Divides the Day-The Music of The Doors
Windham Hill Records, 2002

Dec 9, 2010 at 10:37 AM Post #103 of 129

"Loud" - Rihanna, Def Jam Recordings, 2010, CD

Jan 1, 2011 at 3:07 AM Post #104 of 129

Cannibal - Ke$ha RCA 2010 CD

If anyone wants to gauge the bass performance of his gears, this is one of the discs to use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back