Albums That You'd Recommend
Nov 5, 2010 at 12:27 AM Post #76 of 129
"Live In Japan" - Rodrigo y Gabriela

Man, you just got to listen to the instinctive collaboration between the two artistes with their guitars.  This is an album that engages the listener (me) to the pace and rhythm of the music, and ambiance of the performance.

This is also a good album to gauge the speed, PRaT, bass impact and quality, and imaging capability of a system, IMO.

Ato Records, 2008, CD

Nov 15, 2010 at 12:10 AM Post #79 of 129

Boards of Canada - In a Beautiful Place Out in the Country

Great to see some Elbow in this thread. Here's one of my favourites from them.

Nov 17, 2010 at 11:06 PM Post #80 of 129
This album is great...she's a great singer. 

Nov 19, 2010 at 7:54 AM Post #85 of 129

Quote:
Quote:
Album: ()
Artist: Sigur Ros

Probably my favorite album of all time.

I also like Takk very much !

Takk is also amazing. Then again, so is all their albums! I also think Jonsi's solo album "Go" and his album he did under "Riceboy Sleeps" is incredible. Jonsi can't put a foot wrong. Such beautifully, emotional music.

Nov 19, 2010 at 8:08 AM Post #87 of 129

Quote:
My favourite album from Sigur Ros is Agaetis Byrjun. I got to see them in Sydney. Amazing
bigsmile_face.gif

Also an amazing album :) I saw them in Melbourne, but more recently saw Jonsi on his Go tour. It was mindblowingly (lolnewword) good. Have you got thei Hvarf Heim DVD? If not I highly recommend you get it. Basically is them out in Iceland playing in beautiful fields and plenty of other stunning locations. Soooo good.

Nov 19, 2010 at 8:36 AM Post #89 of 129
My brother has the complete LP set too ... it was listening to this LPs I heard first of them ... glad my brother has such nice music
k701smile.gif

He also has the Hvarf Heim DVD .... and you can get goosebumps watching and listening to that stuff ... it's really amazing ...

Nov 19, 2010 at 9:37 AM Post #90 of 129

Quote:
Yes, got that. I even have the LPs for all their albums. How did you get to know them? They were once the opening act for Radiohead. They became mainstream after Takk I think.

Very nice! I was introduced to them by a girl I dated back nearing the end of high school. About 5 years ago now and they've been my favorite ever since :) It's extremely hard, as I love every single song, but if I had to pick 3 favorites they would probably be Samskeyti, Vaka, Flojtavik.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back