Albums that sounded better the second time
May 29, 2011 at 9:15 PM Post #16 of 21
I remember the first time I listened to Alice In Chains' Jar Of Flies album.  I was used to "typical" AIC and absolutely hated it this first week.  But it's now my favorite album of theirs. 

May 29, 2011 at 9:39 PM Post #17 of 21
I remember the first time I listened to Alice In Chains' Jar Of Flies album.  I was used to "typical" AIC and absolutely hated it this first week.  But it's now my favorite album of theirs. 

Ha! Thanks for reminding me to buy Jar of Flies/Sap. I have every other AIC album but never got those strangely enough, and Nutshell off Unplugged is like my favorite song.

:beerchug:

I have a problem with buying too much music at a time and only giving one spin to a disc before reconciling it to a box. Luckily I've revisited some of them and they have turned out to be some of my favorites. The only one I can recall right now though is Sevendust's Chapter VII. I really should go through and re-spin all of the ones I have never given a proper chance.

Cheers!

May 31, 2011 at 8:09 AM Post #18 of 21

Quote:
Ha! Thanks for reminding me to buy Jar of Flies/Sap. I have every other AIC album but never got those strangely enough, and Nutshell off Unplugged is like my favorite song.

beerchug.gif

I have a problem with buying too much music at a time and only giving one spin to a disc before reconciling it to a box. Luckily I've revisited some of them and they have turned out to be some of my favorites. The only one I can recall right now though is Sevendust's Chapter VII. I really should go through and re-spin all of the ones I have never given a proper chance.

Cheers!

No problem.  No AIC fan should be without those particular EP's.  Sap is a good one, too. 
biggrin.gif

I find myself falling into that same "buy-it-and-shelve-it" tendency lately.  But fortunately, I rip all my music to my media PC and I actually force myself to relisten to new stuff before writing it off as good or bad. 

Jun 3, 2011 at 5:14 PM Post #19 of 21

Quote:
No problem.  No AIC fan should be without those particular EP's.  Sap is a good one, too. 
biggrin.gif

I find myself falling into that same "buy-it-and-shelve-it" tendency lately.  But fortunately, I rip all my music to my media PC and I actually force myself to relisten to new stuff before writing it off as good or bad. 

Yeah, that works well for me, also.  I used to get frustrated with CD's that I never listened to taking up space on my shelves, but now I just throw them on my hard drive and wait for that rainy day when I feel like giving them another go. 

My newest "re-discovery" is Pearl Jam's Binaural.  I'm a huge PJ fan, but never really liked the album when it came out.  I've been listening to it on my new ATH-M50's and it sounds amazing, especially the tracks recorded with binaural technology.

p.s. - I agree - Jar of Flies is arguably their best - crazy when you consider that they wrote and recorded it all within 2 weeks!

Jun 4, 2011 at 1:50 AM Post #20 of 21
Pink Floyd: Atom Heart Mother

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club: B.R.M.C

Porcupine Tree: In Absentia - the reason was because it was a departure from The Sky Moves Sideways kind of albums. But now I really like In Absentia and it was my avatar here for a while.

The Flaming Lips: Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots

Jun 4, 2011 at 10:14 PM Post #21 of 21
The later Swans albums (post Children Of God) all sound much better upon second listen. The earlier albums take even more listens to finally sink in. This thread seems to be made for Swans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back