Albums and Singles - both, or one?
Nov 8, 2004 at 5:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Stephonovich

Headphoneus Supremus
Poorly named title, but I couldn't think of a better way to put it. Also, if this should be a different forum, feel free to move it. That being said...

How many of you have both a full album rip and singles from said album on your HD? I've got some that I ripped as singles from various sources (for instance, I liked one song on an album that a friend had - legal issues aside, this happens quite frequently, I imagine), and later, I'll buy the album, and rip the whole thing. Now, the minimalist in me cries out to delete the singles, which, being FLAC files, are rather large. However, I don't want to have to open up the full album just to hear one song. I have one big playlist that's a catch-all for stuff I don't have the full album of. Also, my favorites.

If anyone knows of a method for dynamically grabbing files out of a single FLAC file that has an entire album in it, and playing those in a playlist, I'd love to know. symlinks sound like a good idea, but then, this is Windows, not Linux
frown.gif
Gentoo's borked currently.

Nov 8, 2004 at 5:59 AM Post #3 of 3
True... didn't think of that. I'd have to open up the album itself if I wanted to listen to it the whole way through, since I randomize the Miscellaneous playlist, but yeah, that'd work...

Of course, once I get a DAP, all hell's going to break loose. Keep the albums as one continious lossy file, to avoid gaps, or split them up, so I can load them into a playlist? Do both? ARGH...

Yes, I'm rather anal about these things, if you hadn't noticed
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back