Album that got you into music?
Aug 16, 2007 at 1:50 AM Post #107 of 116
Probably a vinyl 45 of Cracklin' Rosie by Neil Diamond around age four or so playing out of my fisher price record player.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 17, 2007 at 2:54 PM Post #110 of 116
I too loved music of all types from an early age but the first album that ever made me sit up and go wow was Grand Master Melle Mel and the Furious Five - Stepping Off.

Completely blew my mind - never heard rap before, never heard lyrics like that before and never heard beats like that before. A revelation at the time and still gets played now. The Message still sounds fresh today.

Aug 17, 2007 at 4:36 PM Post #111 of 116
My parents played a fair bit of music when I was young and I guess that fueled my interest in music. One day, when I was probably around 10, I went into my parents room (while they were out) and started playing my dad's collection of Elvis on his record player. I damaged the needle, which my dad wasn't too happy about but I guess that was my first dabble into music.

The first time I was blown away by music is when I got a hold of the Beatles blue album in high school. I just couldn't believe people could create song after song that were so good.

Aug 17, 2007 at 8:39 PM Post #112 of 116
What got me into music was Hybrid Theory, my friend showed it to me for the first time a few years ago, and I loved it. Before that, mostly like Backstreet Boys and other crap (don't laugh, my sister would listen to that a lot and I didn't really listen to much music except for that through my sister)

Aug 17, 2007 at 10:38 PM Post #113 of 116
Days of the new 1. Was introduced to me by an old friend back in high school. The mood of the album was paced real slow and somewhat dark... it was exquisite... that got me wanting to listen to different genres

Aug 18, 2007 at 1:50 AM Post #114 of 116
My earliest recollections of music are late '60s soul music (James Brown, Aretha Franklin, Otis Redding) and rock like the Rolling Stones and Creedence Clearwater Revival. The first albums I truly devoured as full-on, cohesive albums, though, were both by George Clinton: Parliament's Mothership Connection and Funkadelic's One Nation Under Groove. Interestingly enough, this all came about because of my older sister, who took me to see the Mothership Connection Tour (I think my Mom insisted, so sis wouldn't be alone with her then boyfriend) and later bought me One Nation as a Christmas present. Basically, I lucked out big time.

Aug 18, 2007 at 7:54 AM Post #115 of 116
earliest album that got me INTO music? hmmm

Michael Jackson - HIStory

before that, it was just a toss up on old chinese oldies like andy lau and jackie cheung

Users who are viewing this thread

Back