album art on sony player using itunes & a mac?
May 11, 2009 at 8:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

urabus

100+ Head-Fier
Previously I transferred music from itunes into my s639 using sony's content transfer application. It was an easy drag and drop and album artwork would appear on the player.

Now i have itunes on a mac and i haven't figured out how to transfer music into the sony and still have album art appear correctly. what is the trick to doing this or do i have to go back to using a pc and sony's application? Thanks.

May 12, 2009 at 3:53 PM Post #2 of 10
Do you have the album art embedded into the audio files? If not, make sure it is.
I don't have an s639, so no idea if that makes a difference. But definitely worth a try. At least that does the trick for iPod's.

May 12, 2009 at 9:23 PM Post #3 of 10
I rip using EAC and then drag the tracks into itunes and then let itunes add the album art so i would guess that the album art gets embedded into the tracks.

I've used itunes to transfer music to my ipod and sony players and album art always got transferred when i had itunes on the pc. Now that i'm using itunes on a mac, i haven't figured out the best way to transfer music into the sony and still have it show album art.

Anyone else using a mac & a sony player?

May 12, 2009 at 9:57 PM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by urabus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I rip using EAC and then drag the tracks into itunes and then let itunes add the album art so i would guess that the album art gets embedded into the tracks.

I've used itunes to transfer music to my ipod and sony players and album art always got transferred when i had itunes on the pc. Now that i'm using itunes on a mac, i haven't figured out the best way to transfer music into the sony and still have it show album art.

Anyone else using a mac & a sony player?

If you change your thread title to your sentence I put in bold, I bet you'll get more replies
smily_headphones1.gif

May 12, 2009 at 10:10 PM Post #5 of 10
Just got an Ipod Touch, but was using Sony with mac until very recently.

It was very hit and miss for me. Problems I found mostly connected to file name length, which is just absurd - sometimes made the player not read tags, let alone album art! I changed to using Media Monkey via windows on the mac instead, just to get round the probs.

I tried itunemywalkman, but didn't work that well for me as the auto-convert would not only convert my apple lossless files to aac, but my mp3 as well.... very annoying.

May 12, 2009 at 11:51 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you change your thread title to your sentence I put in bold, I bet you'll get more replies
smily_headphones1.gif

ok I took your advice and rearranged my thread title.

Nov 19, 2010 at 5:10 AM Post #7 of 10
I realise that this is an old thread and regarding macs, but using itunes to transfer to my Sony E445 occasionally doesn't transfer album art.

When I rip CDs into iTunes (for my ipod in the car), I always go to Amazon to copy and paste the album picture into iTunes.  When transfering to the Sony using iTunes and Content Transfer, some of the album art goes too but some doesn't.

I've tried different size pictures in google images, but can't seem to work out what size or file type is required.

Anyone experienced this or any ideas?

beerchug.gif

Nov 19, 2010 at 5:55 AM Post #8 of 10
I use Mediamonkey too on my paralleled mac.
So Mediamonkey runs on the windows side and syncs to the macs iTunes folder across parallels network.
It just means when i want to put more songs on the Walkman i have to fire up parallels although nowadays im just as happy to drag and drop straight onto the walkman from the mac (doesn't always do the artwork this way though)

Nov 19, 2010 at 6:56 AM Post #9 of 10
DaeO,

What format are you using? If it's MP3, could it be that the Sony doesn't properly recognize the ID3 tags? If that is the case, perhaps try changing the tag versions (I think v2.3 is the most compatible, while v2.4 may have lots of issues with many players and software).

Nov 19, 2010 at 11:21 AM Post #10 of 10

I rip CDs on itunes on ACC 320 vari.  Some display and some don't - its weird.  When I rip a CD the album art is never found by itunes so I invariably copy and paste from Amazon.

Quote:
DaeO,

What format are you using? If it's MP3, could it be that the Sony doesn't properly recognize the ID3 tags? If that is the case, perhaps try changing the tag versions (I think v2.3 is the most compatible, while v2.4 may have lots of issues with many players and software).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back