album art on sony 818 +wmp11 q's
Dec 17, 2007 at 3:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

muttyhc

New Head-Fier
hey there, I've been adding albums to my sony but the album art isn't showing up so I put windows media player 11 in and added stuff to the library but still it didnt show up there so I started to manually add album art to it but sometimes when synching songs to the sony through wmp11 it converts them into WMA file, why does it do this and also is there anyway to get album art to show up using the drag & drop technique?

thanks.

Dec 17, 2007 at 7:35 PM Post #2 of 6
I think if you embed the album art in the files then it will all show up on your player with drag and drop. At least that's the way it works with my S616.

Also, I resize my album art to 200 X 200 (using Picasa) so it doesn't add too much to the file size.

Rick

Dec 18, 2007 at 4:14 AM Post #4 of 6
To set conversion options in WMP 11, first plug it in and load up WMP11. Next, click on the down arrow below the Sync button, select the device name, then choose Advanced Options. This should bring up a dialog with a tab named Quality. Make sure it is set to Select quality level automatically. This should keep WMP11 from converting files.

Hope it helps!

Dec 19, 2007 at 3:02 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by RickB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think if you embed the album art in the files then it will all show up on your player with drag and drop. At least that's the way it works with my S616.

Also, I resize my album art to 200 X 200 (using Picasa) so it doesn't add too much to the file size.

Rick

how do I embed it?

thanks for all the comments, I fixed the wmp11 as advised and for the time being transferred the image over to the wmp11 album picture to get album art on the player.

does anyone have advise on how to get the best sound out of the 818?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back