Album art on ipod
Jan 29, 2007 at 2:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Noya

New Head-Fier
So I hate it that the new version of itunes won't let me put album art because of rights issues.... I own every cd I import to itunes and it still won't let me get the art......has anyone found a way around that????
is there any other way to get album art on the video ipod?
I hope there is.......
wink.gif

Jan 29, 2007 at 2:20 AM Post #3 of 14
that's odd. if the current version of iTunes is 7.0.2, that shouldn't be right. i added new songs w/ album art yesterday w/ no problems...

Jan 29, 2007 at 2:29 AM Post #4 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by camille /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that's odd. if the current version of iTunes is 7.0.2, that shouldn't be right. i added new songs w/ album art yesterday w/ no problems...

Yeah, I've never had problems with album art and "rights issues." Worst comes to worst, you could always use Google Images to get the album covers
wink.gif

Jan 29, 2007 at 2:33 AM Post #6 of 14
I find iTunes won't grab album art for many of my albums, luckily I keep the art with the album for foobar to display. I select the full album in iTunes -> right click -> get info, and drag the jpeg file into the artwork box and hit OK.

Jan 29, 2007 at 2:36 AM Post #8 of 14
Yeah either manually or since iTunes automated it, it's never restricted you from added (even multiple) album art. Either there's a corrupted DB or something else is going on. If you want iTunes to do all the work, you need a iTunes store account though (not limited to purchased tracks).

Jan 29, 2007 at 2:37 AM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by zip22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you don't even need to right click and get info, you can just drag the album art into the box in the lower left corner of the itunes window

You know, that never worked for me. Besides, the right click method also allows me to edit options for compilations and whatnot.

Jan 29, 2007 at 5:52 AM Post #11 of 14
Maby itunes fixed it than.......the last time I tried putting album art (going through Google images) it didn't work....I spoke to someone over at apple support and they said that with the new version there is much more strict protection due to rights....perhaps they changed it...I'll try it again and let ya know...
thanks for all the help
icon10.gif

Jan 29, 2007 at 7:08 AM Post #13 of 14
interesting, i was testing your filename theory. the limit is 60 characters. i don't see how anyone would encounter that, but its there.

the file was also 185KB, so that is inaccurate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back