Album art on Fuze
Dec 2, 2009 at 7:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

mrbrad

100+ Head-Fier
I have some mp3 files that have album art imbedded in them. I can see the art on an iPod and a Blackberry 9000. However, I get nothing on my Fuze. I have looked at the user guide and Sansa forums and as near as I can tell, you need to put a copy of the Album art in the folder where the songs reside. Is that true? If so, then having the art imbedded in the MP3 file is of no value to the Fuze.

Dec 4, 2009 at 4:23 AM Post #4 of 13
I haven't had any problems with album art transferring over through Windows Media Player. If you don't mind using WMP, you could try that to transfer the files to the Fuze.

Dec 4, 2009 at 6:51 AM Post #5 of 13
I have a Sony Walkman and have the same problem and found that if you are on Windows you can use Media Monkey to "auto-tag" you audio files as well as an alternative to WMP.

Dec 11, 2009 at 3:50 PM Post #6 of 13
Why have album art, if it's not displayed full screen on the fuze ?

When I saw the small size, I deleted all my album art.

However, I did save my album art as photos, which do display full screen on my fuze. ..........
biggrin.gif

Dec 11, 2009 at 4:29 PM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by ARwCoco /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why have album art, if it's not displayed full screen on the fuze ?

When I saw the small size, I deleted all my album art.

However, I did save my album art as photos, which do display full screen on my fuze. ..........
biggrin.gif

You can display album art full screen on the Fuze ... just click the centre button a couple of times.

OP, embedded album art does work but only up to a fairly small resolution, possibly 200x200 as stated earlier. Album art looks pretty rubbish on the Fuze's screen anyway, I wouldn't get too het up about it.

Dec 11, 2009 at 7:16 PM Post #8 of 13
When using album art tagging in Media Monkey you can pull down images that is around 360x360. Works great for a Fuze or in my case a Sony Walkman

Apr 29, 2010 at 9:29 PM Post #10 of 13
I don't know about full screen but I typically just have a file in the album folder named cover.jpg and it shows up. I don't know what the max resolution is but I imagine it is not very large.

Apr 29, 2010 at 11:43 PM Post #13 of 13
I have a View, but if you use the original firmware and not Rockbox, the Fuze should work in the same way as the View.
This has worked 100% for me: All album art must be smaller than 31kb. If the album art is smaller than 31kb, the size doesn't seem to matter. I usually make my album art between 280x280 and 340x340 and it looks quite nice. Of course not as nice as 272x272 on my Cowon S9, but why compare apples and pears?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back