Album art on foobar
Jun 2, 2008 at 5:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

L_and_P21

New Head-Fier
how can i get album art on foobar? i am ripping my music using EAC. for some reason i can find a way to get the album art to come up. anyone have any ideas or comments? if there is already a post about this, please point me there.

thanks

Jun 2, 2008 at 5:54 PM Post #2 of 11
name the image file "folder".

So each album folder would have a file named "folder.jpg" in it.

Edit:

sorry, I really need to learn to read before posting.
Can't really help you here other than to recommend album art downloader

Jun 2, 2008 at 6:02 PM Post #3 of 11
Actually I find the question a little confusing. Are you asking how you can obtain the album art for albums you rip from cd's, or do you already have the album art and you dont know how to make they show up in foobar.

For question one, try Album Art Aggregator (just google it)

For question two, try a skin that has album art in it (like FoFr config) or simply get the album art panel, and include it in the panels list (you will need Panels UI before that I think)

Jun 2, 2008 at 6:14 PM Post #4 of 11
You can also change "folder" to whatever you like if you get into the code... I use "front" for my album art images.

Highly recommend Album Art Aggregator as well. Awesome small program!

Jun 2, 2008 at 8:01 PM Post #6 of 11
Same problem for me guys...

The iTunes album art or which i add via iTunes manually..doesnt show up on FooBar.

Does foobar have a plugin?

Jun 2, 2008 at 9:41 PM Post #7 of 11
Embedded itunes album art shows up fine for me in 0.9.5.3. Have you tried using the defaultui? I'm not sure if columnsui or panelsui are able read embedded album art.

Jun 2, 2008 at 11:10 PM Post #10 of 11
One solution to both problems is Mediamonkey. You can load up all your songs into the library, then it will lookup the album info and album art. You can choose which of those pieces of information you want to embed into the mp3's.

This will save you the trouble of obtaining the album art and embedding them and it also lets you save other info like year of release and label.

Jun 3, 2008 at 4:25 AM Post #11 of 11
It would also depend on how your foobar is setup. I am using foobar 0.9.4.3 (i.e. not the latest) with Columns UI and Album Art Panel, and it displays album art images without needing to embed them. In the album art panel preferences, you may need to define the locations and names of source image files if the defaults don't work for you.

jilgiljongiljing's solution is also viable - I use Media Monkey to embed images into MP3s for my iPod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back