Album Art on D2
Jul 10, 2008 at 6:13 PM Post #16 of 25
Baines93, he's using FLAC - the D2 can't read the art in the tags for that format.

Make sure the album art file is definitely "cover.jpg" and not "cover.jpg.jpg" (windows can hide file extensions so that they cannot be changed) and make sure that it's definitely a jpeg to begin with!

I doubt that there's a problem with your D2, but you could always re-install the firmware. Or try getting a random picture (less than say 500 x 500 to make sure), rename it "cover" and try that to see if it works...

Jul 10, 2008 at 7:47 PM Post #17 of 25
Oops, silly me, so sorry!
redface.gif

Jul 10, 2008 at 11:30 PM Post #18 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oops, silly me, so sorry!
redface.gif

Heh, no need to apologise, just don't want to confuse the lad!
tongue.gif

Jul 11, 2008 at 12:58 PM Post #19 of 25
Thanks for the information. I just got my D2 and wanted to have the album art. I went through all my album with Media Monkey and added the cover art, but when I loaded the files the art would not display. I went back and changed the file name to cover and the album now displays on the D2. I just wish that I had heard about Album Art Aggregator before doing it the hard way.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 11, 2008 at 3:59 PM Post #20 of 25
Alright, I'll go through and change the picture names to cover.jpg

Another question, now, though.

Some of my albums names come up as "ARTIST - COHEED AND CAMBRIA" (just one example) for the first 13 songs, and then the 14th song has the correct album name. When I look at the file tags, they seem to be the same. Any ideas?

Jul 11, 2008 at 7:51 PM Post #21 of 25
When you view the songs on you computer is the information about the song correct? Also, what software did you use to burn the music to your HD and how did you tag it?

Jul 11, 2008 at 8:29 PM Post #22 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by pow3rtr1p /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Alright, I'll go through and change the picture names to cover.jpg

Another question, now, though.

Some of my albums names come up as "ARTIST - COHEED AND CAMBRIA" (just one example) for the first 13 songs, and then the 14th song has the correct album name. When I look at the file tags, they seem to be the same. Any ideas?

Delete "Album Artist" in tag. Just have "Artist".....and "Album" info in tag.

Jul 11, 2008 at 8:39 PM Post #23 of 25
I ripped with EAC, compressing to FLAC through EAC. Then, retagged everything with Tag&Rename. Foobar shows most of them right, but every now and then there are issues with capitalization (Coheed and Cambria vs Coheed And Cambria)

Cowon_1, I will go through and delete all of the album artist tags. Thanks for the tip.

Jul 12, 2008 at 5:23 AM Post #24 of 25
Cool, guys. I got everything fixed. All of the covers were named "folder.jpg" so they weren't working. And once I removed all of the "Album Artist" tags, no more issues with album names.

Thanks for all the help, guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back