Album Art & itunes/iPod
Mar 6, 2010 at 5:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

darkangel9685

100+ Head-Fier
I'm convinced my ipod hates me!

I have an album stored on my iPod ( apple lossless naturally
wink_face.gif
), with an album cover embedded in.

Now, there is alternate artwork available for each track on the album, which are embedded into the track as well

Now my question is if there is any way to display the album cover when moving around in cover flow, and when it comes time to play the track, have the alternate art display instead?

I've searched hi and low and cannot find an answer!

BTW, it's the second disc (the covers) from Dream Theater"s Black Clouds & Silver Linings album. 5 tracks, all with alt art

Mar 9, 2010 at 3:51 PM Post #3 of 6
All I can think of is to go to the Artwork displayed in Info and manually switch between the two.

Mar 9, 2010 at 8:10 PM Post #4 of 6
Or you can subscribe to Tune Up. That's a program that searches you library and suggest album art work and you can pick and choose which cover you want to display. Pretty easy and cheap.

Mar 9, 2010 at 8:16 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChicagoNB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Or you can subscribe to Tune Up. That's a program that searches you library and suggest album art work and you can pick and choose which cover you want to display. Pretty easy and cheap.

the problem isnt in finding album art, it's displaying the art I WANT.

to reiterate....

have an album (5 songs) with cover A
all the tracks have an alt cover art (covers b, c, d, e, f)
I want cover A to display in cover flow
When I select the individual track, i want either cover b, c, d, e, or f to display, depending on track
hope that clears things up

Mar 9, 2010 at 9:19 PM Post #6 of 6
no it is 1 album art assigned to a song no way itunes can look for 2 although a Mac script kiddie may be able to come up with a way, but not the way it is now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back