Album Art display niggle on ipod
Apr 1, 2009 at 10:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

BloodSugar00

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi there!

I've recently (over the last couple of months) re-organised my whole music libraries on my external hard-drive- both .FLAC/lossless and Mp3/lossy mirror directories-, both file naming in Windows Explorer and in tagging for reading and display on DAPs/portable media devices, vorbis tags and ID3 tages, respectively. Took me a dam long time, all told!
tongue.gif

However, I reached the point where I thought I had everything configured correctly and/or to my satisfaction for a large bulk of my music to be transferred to my ipod Classic 6.5G and so set up a library in Winamp and comissioned the batch transfer of that (mp3 material) to my ipod (had previously encountered trouble and/or annoying, disruptive 'glitsches' using apple's propietary software, itunes and Winamp had been highly recommended as an alternative). All the music and corresponding tagging has been transferred to my ipod's library fine, in the music/audio category and not in playlist section or anything like that (using Media Monkey to transfer music to my ipod in the past caused this indesirable to happen). However, despite album art displaying as you view an album (folder) on ipod, it does not display, universally, on individual tracks within an album and/or as you play them back! My bemusement is compounded further by the fact that, for all my album folders, using MP3Tag, I have embedded thelbum art into each separate music file contained within the album (or, rather, by that is the process the utility seems to undertake, by default, when you associate album art with an album/group of files, judging by how it processes this process rather slowly, moving through each track as it does so and the taskbar methodically completes)! Odd, huh?

Does anyone have any suggestions why this might be- I imagine it's something technically explanable I'm oblivious to and/or overlooked- and/or know a way to remedy it? Is it something to do with my tagging or could it be something to do with using Winamp, instead of itunes, to transfer my music to my ipod?

N.B.// Whilst I'm at it, another little with tagging and/or how my music is displayed on my ipod, I am finding that with quite a few >1 disc albums, my ipod displays them in one folder, as aopposed to two, separate folders for the respective discs. This means, then, that it goes on to list the tracks in order of track number so you get jumbling across the discs and cannot playback the record/discs in intended track sequence (without creating a playlist anyway)! I am pretty confident I have tagged the relevant files, in these scenarios, by the correct disc number but, in practice, this hasn't converted into separating the tracks into folders corresponding to their disc number! Any thoughts on how to get round this anyone?

Apr 2, 2009 at 3:10 AM Post #4 of 5
Could try the transfer for the problematic albums on itunes. I think itunes manages its own album art so it should not be a problem.

I use foobar for my transfers instead of itunes sometimes and it seems to work fine on my 5.5G. It could be something in the new ipods.

Apr 3, 2009 at 2:15 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by ernieBob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Could try the transfer for the problematic albums on itunes. I think itunes manages its own album art so it should not be a problem.

I use foobar for my transfers instead of itunes sometimes and it seems to work fine on my 5.5G. It could be something in the new ipods.

I suppose I could try itunes. It was a pain last time though when it required you to inbed many albums album art in it, via get info, for it to display in itunes and, in turn, on your ipod once tansferred! Also, some album folders and/or files within them simply wouldn't transfer to itunes library- despite it only behaving as a link database and not a copy of original files- and so couldn't be transferred to ipod by itunes. Not only that but the files themselves got lost in translation, in no man's land and couldn't be acted upon in Windows Explorer and/or othher programs and had to be re-ripped and/or converted! I'll try itunes like; just hope I don't run into this problems again
wink.gif
. I can always try Foobar2000 aswell, I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back