Alarm comparison, Zen Vision:M vs IPod
Mar 13, 2006 at 11:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

dcabbar

New Head-Fier
Ok, this question might sound a bit silly, but I listen to music on the train while commuting to work, and fall asleep from time to time (while music is on). I am considering buying either Zen or IPod, which I believe are equally good, but which one do you think has an alarm that can wake you up in this situation even when the music is on, i.e. with a louder music or some annoying beep?

Thanks..

Mar 13, 2006 at 4:25 PM Post #4 of 9
I dont know how any of these work, but if you could specify a single song to play, you could make a loud track of an alarm beeping and set that to go off at the right time. but then again, i dont know anything

Mar 13, 2006 at 5:56 PM Post #5 of 9
i've had/have both and i'll agree with both the above users, that the alarm function is useless because if you're already listening to music and then another song interrupts, it just feels like a skipped song.

now i can't remember if you can manually select a track, but if you can, i'd suggest you download a ringer or buzzer as your alarm clock setting, that way you know it will work. something that is loud and pulsing

Mar 13, 2006 at 11:49 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by gshan
You're better off setting your cellphone alarm to vibrate, and leaving it in one of your pockets.

Your front pocket... if you know what I mean!! Hey, Hey, Hey!
wink.gif
plainface.gif

I'm really sorry about that. Truly, I am.

Mar 14, 2006 at 1:42 AM Post #8 of 9
^ Don't feel too bad. I talk to girls about tthat in my school all the time. Some actually do it, and tell me that w/ a wink
tongue.gif

Mar 14, 2006 at 7:43 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by gshan
You're better off setting your cellphone alarm to vibrate, and leaving it in one of your pockets.

That's only bad if you call yourself... Repeatedly.

All joking aside, as long as you have some way of creating a sound file that will annoy you enough to open your eyes, there shouldn't be a problem with an iPod. With the iPod you can select a Playlist to play when the alarm sounds. Simply create a "wake up" playlist that consists of the sound file repeating. If you have the rest of your iPod's tunes MP3Gained to 89dB then trust me, you'll wake up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back