Alana Davis - good stuff maynard.
Sep 26, 2002 at 3:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

neil

500+ Head-Fier
If any of you don't really know who Alana Davis is, you may only be able to recall her from her Ani DeFranco cover of 32 Flavors a while back. It made the radio for some single play. She release a new album late in 2001 called Fortune Cookies, which I have unforunately yet to purchase; however, I've listened to samples online and it sounds pretty swell.

Here's a little broadband 23 minute interview and acoustic song session with Alana Davis. Definitely worth a listen. She's a fantastic guitar player and the girl has a soulful voice. If you're not into her single they lead into at the beginning of the clip, fast forward to the 8 minute mark where you can hear her play live/acoustic and sing.

There's a lot of other Sessions @ AOL Music. Check them out.

Sep 26, 2002 at 4:48 PM Post #3 of 5
Third! Long delay in getting "Fortune Cookies" out to the public but it was worth the wait.

Just listen to the resignation and weariness in her voice on "I Don't Care". She really means what she sings.

Sep 27, 2002 at 1:06 PM Post #4 of 5
What's really amazing though guys is her guitar playing. If you really haven't listened to her play, I strongly suggest that audio interview in the first post -- fast forward to the 8 minute mark. You won't regret it.

Sep 29, 2002 at 1:37 AM Post #5 of 5
It's always nice finding new artists you haven't heard of. I'm really liking Alana's music. Anybody got any more suggestions along those lines?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back