Alambic Ears - Impressions thread - Mentawai, Mavericks, Mundaka, Noosa
Feb 17, 2021 at 4:20 AM Post #17 of 315
Mar 28, 2021 at 7:43 AM Post #19 of 315
And the Mundaka demo arrived in the house :)

IMG_3171.jpeg

First impression : oh my this is some bass head dream of an IEM, in a good way.
The bass is nothing short of impressive, among the best I have heard, no less!

This is a physical bass that get felts in a visceral way... the subs are superb especially out of Shanling M8 and the mid bass moves air like few IEMs can, honestly it's even eerie to get this kind of bass out of an IEM. And quality is also impressive the mid bass is textured, well controlled and with powerful slam I don't think any basshead would be disappointed but neither will the adept of detailed bass which is layered and I have heard details on track I know perfectly that I had missed before. Hats off to @Aldo40 !

This not to say that the Mundaka is all bass, the midrange is clear, balanced and smooth yet with good bite and rich timbres, the full range BA certainly works very well. Treble is my kind of treble, with good energy in the lower section and good weight (oh so important for piano notes) and the dual EST certainly brings the touch of refinement up top and excellent resolution. Stage is excellent and imaging is precise. All this combined with the outstanding bass makes the Mundaka a versatile performer.

I need more time with it but honestly, at the asking price I can already tell it's a very strong contender in the market and in the bass department a contender regardless of price... impressive!

Mar 28, 2021 at 8:11 AM Post #20 of 315
And the Mundaka demo arrived in the house :)

IMG_3171.jpeg

First impression : oh my this is some bass head dream of an IEM, in a good way.
The bass is nothing short of impressive, among the best I have heard, no less!

This is a physical bass that get felts in a visceral way... the subs are superb especially out of Shanling M8 and the mid bass moves air like few IEMs can, honestly it's even eerie to get this kind of bass out of an IEM. And quality is also impressive the mid bass is textured, well controlled and with powerful slam I don't think any basshead would be disappointed but neither will the adept of detailed bass which is layered and I have heard details on track I know perfectly that I had missed before. Hats off to @Aldo40 !

This not to say that the Mundaka is all bass, the midrange is clear, balanced and smooth yet with good bite and rich timbres, the full range BA certainly works very well. Treble is my kind of treble, with good energy in the lower section and good weight (oh so important for piano notes) and the dual EST certainly brings the touch of refinement up top and excellent resolution. Stage is excellent and imaging is precise. All this combined with the outstanding bass makes the Mundaka a versatile performer.

I need more time with it but honestly, at the asking price I can already tell it's a very strong contender in the market and in the bass department a contender regardless of price... impressive!

Thanks @davidmolliere for your feedback, can't wait to compare them to my Noosa who are already really impressive in the bass section!

Apr 5, 2021 at 4:37 AM Post #21 of 315
Hello,

A very little review (and my first post here :smile_phones:) of the Alambic Ears Noosa I own since some month now. These IEM really deserves to be known and I suspect the price is not high enough to be considered the high contenders as they can be. I cannot compare with other well known and commonly appreciated IEM. I better know regular headphones and owned a Senheiser HD800 for years, replaced now with a Hifiman HE1000se.
These Noosa gives an incredible listening experience. From low to highs: everything is well played and the music is always enjoyed. The feeling of space is really big (but not at the level of the Hifiman, comparable width and less deep). Whether they are perfectly straight or not, no register takes precedence over the other, especially on the extremes where the bass does not mask the rest (a real performance considering what these headphones can play).
Better surely exists but whatever. Zero frustration listening experience for me. In a week, I'll receive another IEM to compare to these Noosa: Alambic Ears Mundaka.
I'll keep both of them, switch from one to the other according to mood.

The build quality is amazing. It's hard to take pictures showing the build quality. It's hand made jewelry :sunglasses:.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2021 at 6:20 AM Post #22 of 315
Better pic of the Mundaka, to help you wait for the upcoming review

IMG_3268.jpg

Apr 20, 2021 at 5:50 AM Post #23 of 315
Apr 20, 2021 at 5:51 AM Post #24 of 315
Hello,

A very little review (and my first post here :smile_phones:) of the Alambic Ears Noosa I own since some month now. These IEM really deserves to be known and I suspect the price is not high enough to be considered the high contenders as they can be. I cannot compare with other well known and commonly appreciated IEM. I better know regular headphones and owned a Senheiser HD800 for years, replaced now with a Hifiman HE1000se.
These Noosa gives an incredible listening experience. From low to highs: everything is well played and the music is always enjoyed. The feeling of space is really big (but not at the level of the Hifiman, comparable width and less deep). Whether they are perfectly straight or not, no register takes precedence over the other, especially on the extremes where the bass does not mask the rest (a real performance considering what these headphones can play).
Better surely exists but whatever. Zero frustration listening experience for me. In a week, I'll receive another IEM to compare to these Noosa: Alambic Ears Mundaka.
I'll keep both of them, switch from one to the other according to mood.

The build quality is amazing. It's hard to take pictures showing the build quality. It's hand made jewelry :sunglasses:.

@Opensource did you compare Noosa with Mundaka?

Apr 20, 2021 at 6:44 AM Post #25 of 315
Is Land Very different?

Mundaka is much more powerful down low, the bass presence is closer to bass head levels (with quality), it has a fuller and smoother midrange closer to Volt than Land which is more open, brighter and with more bite. Overall Mundaka is closer to Volt only instead of relaxed it's very very dynamic and energetic. It's like Volt with extra voltage lol...

Apr 20, 2021 at 6:52 AM Post #26 of 315
Mundaka is much more powerful down low, the bass presence is closer to bass head levels (with quality), it has a fuller and smoother midrange closer to Volt than Land which is more open, brighter and with more bite. Overall Mundaka is closer to Volt only instead of relaxed it's very very dynamic and energetic. It's like Volt with extra voltage lol...
Oh thank you very much @davidmolliere

Apr 20, 2021 at 8:46 AM Post #27 of 315
Which one would you say wins in terms of technicalities

Apr 21, 2021 at 8:52 AM Post #28 of 315
Hello

@Opensource did you compare Noosa with Mundaka?
You mean those ones? Yes, I have both Noosa & Mundaka now :-D
I didn't directly compares them. They sound different, as another performance, both being credible.

Which one would you say wins in terms of technicalities
No one really "wins". Both are very good. I didn't pick the 2 model to finally only keep one even if on some records I may prefer one or another. I'll keep both to be able to change the "daily IEM" depending on mood. More impact and a more refined highs (Mundaka) or a larger soundstage (Noosa).

Apr 25, 2021 at 11:43 AM Post #29 of 315

Users who are viewing this thread

Back