ALAC & MP3 Tagging application for OS X Please?!
Mar 31, 2009 at 3:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

poo

1000+ Head-Fier
Am having loads of trouble finding a decent tagging application for OS X. The closest I have found to what I'm after is TriTag: feedface.com/software/TriTag but it is lacking in features.

I would love something to tag both MP3 and Apple Lossless, but it would be great if it can handle other codecs of course!

I used to use Abander Tag Control on a Windows machine which I found excellent/powerful once used to it, and would love to find a similar app I can use in OS X

Thanks!

Mar 31, 2009 at 6:05 PM Post #2 of 6
How about just using iTunes?
Tag looks really nice, but sadly it don't support the three most common codecs for a Mac user (Apple Lossless, AAC and MP3).

Apr 1, 2009 at 12:08 AM Post #3 of 6
^ I had a funny feeling I might get that response from you Kai!
wink.gif

My problem with iTunes (in terms of tagging), is that it is very limited. Most tagging applications allow you to do much more automated and useful things with your music tags. For example, I would love to be able to rename my music files based on certain tagging information in a particular order. Perhaps (TRACK# - ARTIST - TITLE) or (TRACK# TITLE) but iTunes can't do that... There are many other helpful things a good tagging application will allow you to do efficently, rather than manually in iTunes.

For others looking for OS X tagging apps, so far I have found the following:

Tagr Tagr @ entwicklungsfreu.de Nice and simple, but limited codec support (no ALAC for example)
Jaikoz Jaikoz Audio Tagger Best I have found so far
Scripts Doug's AppleScripts for iTunes ♫ This Tag, That Tag Scripts v2.0 There are others about, this is just an example.
Media Rage Welcome to Chaotic Software I'm yet to look into this, but looks promising. Not sure if it has any automated tagging, but has many other useful features. Downside seems to be price.

Hope this little list helps others.

Apr 4, 2009 at 8:47 AM Post #4 of 6
iTunes x2

Apr 4, 2009 at 3:39 PM Post #5 of 6
this may be what your looking for, I use it with ITunes on both Windows (Vista 64) and Mac OSX.

TuneUp - Your Music Collection's New Best Friend

superb product! connects to ITunes (so that is a given to use) and then will scrub your music for album artwork and all the metadata that it can find over the net. I am amazed at the speed and quality of the results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back