AKG'S ??FIT??
Feb 1, 2006 at 6:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

HVK

100+ Head-Fier
Does anyone have a problem with the AKG's fitting properly? At the smallest setting they all are still very loose. It's a shame because I love these cans (haven't heard the 701's but love the look). It's SUCH A PISS OFF when I love the sound soooo much. Are they supposed to be this loose? Just to give an example when I nod my head forward the head strap slides down to my forehead. HELP!!

Feb 1, 2006 at 6:12 PM Post #2 of 7
Which model do you have? I have 3 sets of AKG's (none of the popular ones, however) and they all fit fine. In fact they are all very comfortable. Now, I do have a fairly large noggin' so that could have something to do with it. In fact, I have a pair of Koss U40's that almost don't fit all the way over my ears.
eek.gif

Feb 1, 2006 at 6:22 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by mektarus
Which model do you have? I have sets of AKG's (none of the popular ones, however) and they all fit fine. In fact they are all very comfortable. Now, I do have a fairly large noggin' so that could have something to do with it. In fact, I have a pair of Koss U40's that almost don't fit all the way over my ears.
eek.gif

I don't own any, I have just sampled them at the store for a few hours. When I hold them on my head I'm impressed but as soon as I let go they start sliding south!!! I wanted to buy the 501's because I love the sound (great for me, all I listen to is classical) but they were too big. I'm hoping the 701's will rectify the problem but we'll see.

Feb 1, 2006 at 6:24 PM Post #4 of 7
My K271s fit me just fine. I don't consider them to be loose at all, but really flexible rather. The headband doesn't move hardley at all unless I purposfully throw my head around. Maybe your's is somehow not in the condition it should be.
confused.gif

Good luck. Hope you figure it out.

Feb 1, 2006 at 6:38 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by wirednemesis
My K271s fit me just fine. I don't consider them to be loose at all, but really flexible rather. The headband doesn't move hardley at all unless I purposfully throw my head around. Maybe your's is somehow not in the condition it should be.
confused.gif

Good luck. Hope you figure it out.

The headband is just touching my head when it's at it's smallest. If I want it snug the earcups are half way down my ears!!

Feb 1, 2006 at 6:47 PM Post #6 of 7
You're not alone. I had to make a custom headband for my K340 since the original was too big. With the original, the headphones would slide too low unless I was lying on a pillow or something, so I made a smaller one that fits my head.

Feb 1, 2006 at 6:52 PM Post #7 of 7
Never had that problem with my K240s.... Although I have to agree, it is on the large side. If my head were a little smaller it would to be too loose and sit the earcups too low. So... I just barely make it.

Garrett

Users who are viewing this thread

Back