AKG vs. Beyerdynamic vs. Ultrasone vs. Other w/Fiio E17?
Aug 9, 2012 at 9:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

k0r3andud3

New Head-Fier
So I've been considering a few headphones to link with a Fiio E17. Can you guys tell me which of the following (or your own recommendations) would work well with this amp? I'll be listening to pretty much everything except for reggae and country, not sure if that has any bearing on the discussion. I'll also be watching movies and playing games on the side, but those are secondary functions. I would like these cans to bring out clear highs and mids, while producing powerful but controlled (not boomy) bass. 

Requirements:
Very clean, detailed, crisp, highs and mids. 
Powerful, yet controlled lows. 
Detachable cord. 
Good build quality - long lasting. 

Considered: 
AKG Q701 
AKG K701
AKG K702
Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro
Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium 
Ultrasone 750 Pro 

You might notice that these are all heavily discounted on Amazon. I've got a budget of about $200, but I'm willing to go higher if the sound justifies the price. 

Thanks everyone! 

Aug 9, 2012 at 9:41 AM Post #2 of 3
Out of these the dt880 is definitely the best it had the most neutral response of all on the and sounds the best amped especially with a e17 the Ultrasones have the most fun sound tho

Aug 9, 2012 at 9:44 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:
Out of these the dt880 is definitely the best it had the most neutral response of all on the and sounds the best amped especially with a e17 the Ultrasones have the most fun sound tho

So you would say that the DT880 Premium (not Pro) have neutral sound, but the Ultrasone Pro 750s are more coloured? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back