AKG Service??
Oct 9, 2007 at 8:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

branedamag

New Head-Fier
My K26p phones need warranty service and AKG never responds to email or phone calls, seeking RMA or whatever is appropriate. Does anyone have any experience with them? Should I just send them in? Or is someone factory authorized to do this? I bought them at Sam Ash, FWIW.

Any info appreciated.

Oct 9, 2007 at 8:58 PM Post #2 of 9
might not work but try calling the store and explaining them the situation..

other than that i've got utterly no idea since i never needed AKG service..

Good luck,

-Jo

Oct 9, 2007 at 10:26 PM Post #3 of 9
No surprise, they said call AKG.

Oct 9, 2007 at 11:01 PM Post #4 of 9
Did you tell them "Been there, done that?"

I didn't mean just ask them what to do, its obvious they'll pass the blame to someone else, if they can.. but in case it fails, THEY should back you up.

-Jo

Oct 10, 2007 at 1:36 AM Post #5 of 9
Have you tried this phone number? 615-460-7551

Oct 10, 2007 at 3:45 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you tried this phone number? 615-460-7551

No, but I certainly will. Thanks.

Oct 12, 2007 at 12:37 AM Post #7 of 9
Got a guy in Nashville, who referred me to a guy in LA, who never answers the phone, and doesn't return voicemails. So I will continue trying him. At least it's a person with a name. How can this be so hard? What would happen if this was a real emergency?

Oct 12, 2007 at 12:55 AM Post #8 of 9
is it frank?

when is a k26p an emergency?

at any rate . . . . yeah, AKG's customer service is pretty lacking.

Oct 12, 2007 at 2:21 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is it frank?

when is a k26p an emergency?

at any rate . . . . yeah, AKG's customer service is pretty lacking.

No, not an emergency, but what if it was? It's Hector. I know they're pretty inexpensive and all, but at some point a response of some kind from somebody is appropriate. When I blew an element in my 580s, Sennheiser got right back to me, and even sent me a contact number of somebody to walk me through the replacement if I was having problems. Jeez, I'm just expecting AKG to answer an email sometime. But if I had a high-end model, I'd be pretty steamed.

Actually, this pretty much takes them out of the running for any other purchases by me. Not that it will break them by any means, but since when is it good business to drive customers away? I see all kinds of good, responsive vendors on this forum, and most of the people I do business with in general are pretty conscientious. That's why I find this so puzzling/annoying. And so, getting them repaired/replaced has become a matter of principle.

Now, if I could find one more way to use the "/" I would be a happy man.
k1000smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back