AKG SAC K1000 amp impressions
Jan 6, 2006 at 4:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

JJ15k

500+ Head-Fier
Hello,
I was looking for a new k1000 amp and I stumbled upon old threads about the original SAC amp where I found a link to a german store which sells it at a fair price. Although I read the threads I was wondering if some people could comment more on the performance of this specific amplifier.Please note that I currently have an MG-Head OTL32, and I like female vocals.
Thanks

Jan 7, 2006 at 7:01 PM Post #3 of 5
can you post the link to the german store?
wink.gif

Neil

Jan 7, 2006 at 9:51 PM Post #4 of 5
This is a class A solid state amplifier. It's got a warm powerful sound with AKG K-1000. I have not heard the MG Head OTL32 (that I can remember), but have an original MG Head, which can drive the K-1000. I liked the power of the SAC amp, but there was enough solid-state grain that I just couldn't get past it. Since you mentioned female vocals, smoothness in the presentation would be key (at least to me), and the SAC K-1000 amp just isn't as smooth as a tube amp. If the MG Head OTL32 is an improvement over the original MG Head, my guess is that it will be a better amp for the K-1000 than the SAC amp. Note that this is pure speculation, based on an earlier model's sound. HTH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back