AKG Replacement Pads?
Sep 9, 2016 at 6:23 PM Post #3 of 8
  Unfortunately the pads alone go for as high as around $60. However, there are some generic velour pads on ebay going for $28

Would they change the sound signature at all? I do have the option of washing the pads. I believe they are memory foam inside, I don't know how well that would go, but I guess it would be...free lol

I washed my HE-400's jergpads awhile back with no issues at all

Sep 9, 2016 at 6:35 PM Post #5 of 8
  It shouldn't change it too much. What's wrong with your current pads? I think memory foam can be washed...

Well, I have the 24th K7XX every made, it's 000024 model number, so my pads are almost 2years, possibly even older. They however feel quite stiff these days, like it has slight crusted oil or dead skin on them where they lay on my ears. The padding inside the pads themself however feel exactly the same

I use to lightly clean them with a soft wet cloth every couple months, but I believe a couple years is a long lifespan for pads

Sep 9, 2016 at 6:39 PM Post #6 of 8
I'd try washing them thoroughly. Maybe try putting some lotion on them? I did that for my old Grado earpads... But if nothing seems to work those generic earpads shouldn't change the sound that much. It may dampen the sound a bit in the lower end.

Sep 9, 2016 at 7:00 PM Post #7 of 8
5021871                $ 42.50each pad                                CUSHION, K 612,K 712,K702_Anniversary
+$7.75 shipping

Ouch. Quoted very high for replacement pads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back