AKG Q701 work well with the Woo Audio WA3?
Aug 31, 2012 at 10:41 PM Post #2 of 6
Hi,

No it would not at all. The WA3 is OTL and works best with high impedance headphones. The Q701 would probably sound bloated on it.

Aug 31, 2012 at 10:52 PM Post #3 of 6
You'd be surprised! I doubt anyone here has tried it. FYI I've used the Q701 straight from a receiver with a 330 ohm output impedance  and it sounds just like it does normally. Weird. I wonder why?
No bloated bass or excessive treble etc. My KRK KNS-8400...now THAT was funny. Way way too high. Strangely it sounded cave like, but yet had very little treble?!

Sep 1, 2012 at 2:05 AM Post #6 of 6
Yo Travis,

I have tried this on my K701, K702 and Q701. Trust me, the sound was muddy and bloated coming from the WA3. The bass became flabby and the midrange became so congested and almost honky sounding.

Quote:
You'd be surprised! I doubt anyone here has tried it. FYI I've used the Q701 straight from a receiver with a 330 ohm output impedance  and it sounds just like it does normally. Weird. I wonder why?
No bloated bass or excessive treble etc. My KRK KNS-8400...now THAT was funny. Way way too high. Strangely it sounded cave like, but yet had very little treble?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back