AKG Q701 vs ath-msr7
Jul 12, 2015 at 10:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

thiagofre

New Head-Fier
I'm behind a headset with price up to $ 250 I'm thinking about one of these AKG Q701 or ATH-msr7. The most important is the sound quality. Isolation need not be as good. I will use more at home. The impedance can not be too high because I will use along with a guitar amp and do not believe supports high impedance headphones.

Jul 14, 2015 at 10:23 AM Post #3 of 14
Massdrop has the AKG K7XX headphone available for the next 7 days or until they run out (you must register to see the product). It's an AKG special edition headphone that I prefer over the Q701: http://www.head-fi.org/t/743280/the-akg-k7xx-massdrop-first-edition-thread

Jul 14, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #4 of 14
Man, it's hard to choose a headphone. I give preference to good mids and highs. AKG Q701 the problem for me is that I do not even have an amplifier for headset and I have no money to buy an amplifier now. I read that it is only good with amplifier. right ??

Jul 14, 2015 at 11:48 AM Post #5 of 14
Q701s are fairly difficult to drive.

K7XX are easier. A Fiio E11K would do well with them, and would only put you $10 total over your budget.

Jul 14, 2015 at 2:45 PM Post #6 of 14
the site says the akg k7xx does not sell outside the United States

And I live in Brazil

''
READ THIS IF YOU ARE OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES
Because of strict distribution agreements, Massdrop cannot sell-or-ship this product outside the United States. Understanding that there is demand for this product outside of the US, we have negotiated exclusive pricing with a freight forwarding service to help certain individuals join this drop. If you join, please understand that you are purchasing this product and it will be delivered to a US address. It will then be processed for international shipping by a third-party forwarding company. Tracking will be provided.

At check-out select "Yes" to add the Freight Forwarding Service for $25. You will then need to input your shipping address as per a normal drop. If you do not select "Yes" for the Freight Forwarding Service options, you will be unable to input a shipping address outside of the United States.''
frown.gif

Jul 14, 2015 at 2:52 PM Post #7 of 14
  the site says the akg k7xx does not sell outside the United States

And I live in Brazil

''
READ THIS IF YOU ARE OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES
Because of strict distribution agreements, Massdrop cannot sell-or-ship this product outside the United States. Understanding that there is demand for this product outside of the US, we have negotiated exclusive pricing with a freight forwarding service to help certain individuals join this drop. If you join, please understand that you are purchasing this product and it will be delivered to a US address. It will then be processed for international shipping by a third-party forwarding company. Tracking will be provided.

At check-out select "Yes" to add the Freight Forwarding Service for $25. You will then need to input your shipping address as per a normal drop. If you do not select "Yes" for the Freight Forwarding Service options, you will be unable to input a shipping address outside of the United States.''
frown.gif

Even for the extra $25, the K7XX are still worth it.

What is this guitar amplifier you have?

Check out the Audio Technica ATH-AD900X, work great without an amplifier and can be ordered straight from Japan (off eBay).

Jul 14, 2015 at 3:30 PM Post #10 of 14
  I think I'll buy the m50x ... What do you think of him

Loud bass, recessed mids, but if you can get them for $120, not a bad value.

Jul 14, 2015 at 5:51 PM Post #12 of 14
  vox amplug classic rock.​I use to play in night

I have the same amp. With all the knobs turned up to 10, it only reaches a moderate listening volume on my K612 (which requires similar amping to the K7XX.) I think you'd be better off getting the headphones you want for music listening and then buy a cheap, low impedance pair to use with the guitar amp.

Jul 14, 2015 at 6:56 PM Post #13 of 14
I have the same amp. With all the knobs turned up to 10, it only reaches a moderate listening volume on my K612 (which requires similar amping to the K7XX.) I think you'd be better off getting the headphones you want for music listening and then buy a cheap, low impedance pair to use with the guitar amp.

In my experience owning both, K7XX is a bit easier to drive than K612 Pro. 105 dB/V vs 101 dB/V

Jul 14, 2015 at 7:52 PM Post #14 of 14
In my experience owning both, K7XX is a bit easier to drive than K612 Pro. 105 dB/V vs 101 dB/V

That may be true, but the amplifier that OP has still cannot be used very well if they have to keep their Treble, Mid, and Bass knobs near, if not at maximum. This leaves very little sound customization available to the user.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back