AKG Q701 Amp?
Mar 6, 2012 at 4:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

CoolioLoco

New Head-Fier
I just got my AKG Q701s today, and I have read many topics on head-fi, and I have realized that I need an amp for them. What amp do you guys think I should get for about $100, maybe less if it's a good one, but I just need to know what would be best for my cans.

I have been looking at some of the Fiio's and the Headroom Total Airhead. Are there any other suggestions you guys have for good, quality amps that will power my AKG's well?

Mar 6, 2012 at 5:31 PM Post #2 of 4
The 701 is a powerhungry beast, not many portable amps will drive them to their full potential. And even fewer in the price range you mention.
I can tell you that the Fiio E7 and iBasso D2+ won't cut it. If I were you, I'd buy a Fiio E9, the Q701 is too big for portable use anyway.

Mar 6, 2012 at 6:06 PM Post #3 of 4
Under 100 isn't going to get you that good of an amp for those that is also portable. There have been people that use an iBasso D4 with them, and I just got a D7 which gets it's source from USB so it might not be the appropriate choice if you are going to be going out from an iPhone. If it doesn't need to be portable a Xonar DX works quite well but that is a PCI-E soundcard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back