AKG on How It's Made
Feb 3, 2010 at 6:01 PM Post #16 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by El_Doug /img/forum/go_quote.gif
who messed up where? it looked flawless to me

thanks for the link, Cankin!

I see his point about human error. Make you wonder how great a job they're doing with the two hundredth solder of the day.

Feb 3, 2010 at 6:05 PM Post #17 of 32
Other interesting videos
smily_headphones1.gif

Neumann microphone:
YouTube - How It's Made (Season 11 / Episode 7 / Part 1)

Godin guitar:
YouTube - How its made - Godin Acoustic Guitar (acoustic)
YouTube - How It's Made: Electric Guitar (Part 1) (electric part 1)
YouTube - How It's Made: Electric Guitar (Part 2) (electric part 2)

Zildjian cymbal:
YouTube - How it's made cymbals

Feb 4, 2010 at 9:39 AM Post #20 of 32
Very interesting and cool video. Now I want one for the HD650.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 6, 2010 at 1:01 AM Post #27 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by wap32 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very cool video.

I wish I could ask AKG for one of those tools they use to rotate the exterior chrome grill.

A strong pair of sharp tweezers works quite well when used as described in the service manual.

Feb 6, 2010 at 1:29 AM Post #28 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A strong pair of sharp tweezers works quite well when used as described in the service manual.

But it still takes a lot of care to take the grills out, mine were so tight I managed to slightly deform one of the holes the tweezer was in.
frown.gif

Feb 6, 2010 at 2:08 AM Post #29 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by wap32 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But it still takes a lot of care to take the grills out, mine were so tight I managed to slightly deform one of the holes the tweezer was in.
frown.gif

What shape is the end of your tweezers? You'll want something rounded off on the end so it doesn't dig into the hole on one side. Going in the outermost holes you can also helps greatly, you get more torque there although it usually requires forcing the tweezers to spread that far apart. Lastly, rather than trying to turn really hard, only go moderately hard and give it a series of sudden twists, as if your hand was a hammer drill.

It takes little experimenting to find the right tweezer position and turning motion, but once you do you'll find it a lot easier to open them from then on. The only issues I've had are with bending the tweezers, not the grilles.
tongue.gif

Feb 6, 2010 at 2:09 AM Post #30 of 32
Great, thanks alot..... :shrug: That just forced me to watch the entire 'how it's made' series on Youtube. (including hot dogs)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back