akg k81dj issue
Oct 5, 2006 at 5:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

cwuzer

100+ Head-Fier
i think the connection to the left side of my k81dj is faulty. if i bend the cable in a certain direction the sound to the left side gets cut off.

i was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this...and i think i still have the warranty for these headphones so i was wondering if i should send these back and how akg customer service is.

thanks in advance.

Oct 5, 2006 at 5:57 AM Post #2 of 4
I'm having sound problems with my pair also. They were only used at my desk without much movement.
rolleyes.gif

Oct 5, 2006 at 11:22 AM Post #3 of 4
Yeah the plug is pretty cheap, it broke on me within the first month. I bought a Canare F-12 to see that it was realy to big for the cheap cable, so i bought a cheap plug from Circuit City and solder it on my cable so it is was like new...unfortunatly i didn't had hot glue or something to keep the cable solid, so now it is going to break again but i don't care since i bought replacement cable from our cable magician CantSleep =)

Oct 5, 2006 at 9:08 PM Post #4 of 4
Sorry to say it happened to me too, and just got worse and worse. Got to the point where it would take a minute of fiddling to get both channels working, and any disturbance and I'd have to do it again. I finally got fed up with it and cut the cord to 4 ft. and put a right angle jack on them (I felt guilty about sending them back since it probably was my fault). No problems for the couple of months since then, their straight jack is definitely very bad for pocket use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back