AKG K81DJ defect cables?
Apr 23, 2010 at 9:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

nishan

Head-Fier
There are a bunch of reviews on amazon about how crappy the cables are and a lot of people experiencing sound loss on one side...and AKG has not honored warranty.

any comments about this matter? Thanks

Apr 23, 2010 at 9:49 PM Post #2 of 4
I've had a pair of k81dj's for about 6 months, and the cable is fine. Granted I do not use them everyday so it has not had a lot of abuse. They are great cans, (if a little bass heavy for my taste), but I had to upgrade because the on ear design of the k81's gets painful after a few hours of use (I wear glasses). Other than that I highly recommend them!

Apr 23, 2010 at 10:25 PM Post #3 of 4
I've had mine for 1.5 years now and don't have any cable issues. But, the cable is really long so I can see it constantly getting tugged accidentally.

Also, only 4 out of 40 on Amazon complained about the cables so I'm leaning more towards manhandling (or long-cable issues) versus "defect." Most of them do warn about the headphone clamping though.

In the main K81DJ thread, I learned how to stretch them out so they don't squeeze my head like a vise. Also, I bought the Sennheiser velour pads, which helps with comfort.

Apr 24, 2010 at 12:27 AM Post #4 of 4
Thanks...despite my head being not big, I do wear glasses, so looks like these may not be the best for me...
if Only I knew more about ATH WS70 from audio technica...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back