Mar 20, 2006 at 11:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

timmins

100+ Head-Fier
lets hear some thoughts.

Mar 20, 2006 at 11:57 PM Post #2 of 9
Damn, I thought this was a review!
frown.gif
tongue.gif

I'd also like to hear from anyone who can compare them...

Mar 21, 2006 at 4:31 AM Post #3 of 9
"pleeaze halp"
milla jovovich-the fifth element
tongue.gif

Mar 28, 2006 at 3:46 AM Post #4 of 9
can no one help? I think this would be benefitial to alot of people.

Mar 28, 2006 at 7:13 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by bizkid
It's obvious that the K81 crushes the k26
rolleyes.gif
I wouldnt want to listen to the k26 even if it would be the only headphone in existence...
biggrin.gif

So you've heard both and are convinced that they are considerably better.

Mar 28, 2006 at 9:02 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by timmins
So you've heard both and are convinced that they are considerably better.

I can't see the k81dj as a k26p evolution. It's just a different headphone. Details, soundstage, reproduction of voices, put the k81dj in an upper class. I am just now listening Omar Sosa/Prietos/Mother Africa with the k81dj and the k26p and with the latter it is really not possible for me to enjoy my favourite composer-piano performer. I would like to be able to write an A/B review of the two, but 1. I think I can't atm, expecially because of I don't own the head-fi lessical terms and 2. They are not comparable. The only think I can say about the k26p is that I found it pretty good (but I found the PX100 perfect) for portable usage: it is small, foldable, easy to drive and it forgives not well compressed mp3 files, where the k81dj is too big for my tastes, not foldable and, even if easy to drive as well, it seems to want always more and more.

Mar 28, 2006 at 9:07 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by alfie
I can't see the k81dj as a k26p evolution. It's just a different headphone. Details, soundstage, reproduction of voices, put the k81dj in an upper class.

I must hear these headphones... was gonna save up for the K701, but think I might pick up a pair of K81DJs instead and put the K701 on the back burner... I'm enjoying my DT880s so much anyway, it seems silly to spend so much $$ on another similar headphone. Might be nice to finally own a decent closed headphone, for situations where blocking some external noise is important.

Mar 28, 2006 at 6:18 PM Post #9 of 9
thanks alfie, you've now convinced me to buy a pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back