AKG K812(?) Professional Headphones - coming soon
Oct 6, 2013 at 6:01 AM Post #676 of 745
I wonder what we would think looking back on the last 45 (but will be 50+ by the time of release with this kind of speed) pages of post after these cans are released and we get actual hands on time with them.

Oct 6, 2013 at 6:02 AM Post #677 of 745
Conspiracy theory, maybe these kids are sent by akg competitors to kill interest for k812, hahaha.

Yes, my friend,

Now they have exactly the point.

Yes, I confess, I am an agent of the company "Boom, boom, boom, ********."

I'm on my way to kill the K812.
biggrin.gif
You can be happy, they have recognized the truth.

I love all the people who can drink nicely with a lot of Red Bull Koss Porta.

I can not unfortunately. But who knows, Red Bull gives you wings.
biggrin.gif
beerchug.gif

Congratulations. And the winner is: RedBull - taaataaa. If they are random in Austria, they contact me - I'll buy them a beer.

Oct 6, 2013 at 6:19 AM Post #678 of 745

Well, there are several factors that suggest them as a direct competition:

1) Price
2) Very open nature of x7xx series
3) The youtube video (not only studio folks listening to them)
4) Nomax and michaelxray

On the other hand, you're right that semi-open design would make more sense...

1) Before it gets official I can consider it as "unknown". What is more - price tag is very risky criteria here. Products can be overprices and sometimes underpriced, yet still sounds like products at exact price points and actually perform better (or worse).

2) Openess is a similarity, nothing more, nothing less. Is not an argument for competition, class of sound is. And class of sound HD800 is quite high as for dynamic headphones.

3) Yes, but are branded as ones. You can use LCD, HD800 or even basic Lambdas for studio purposes too and no one can stop you, but then again: those are not branded and advertised by maker as suitable exactly for such purposes.

4) I personally couldn't care less about them and their posts. Only official informations and real user experience are important for me.

I don't remember fully open headphones from AKG since K1000, which are not exaclty conventional product by the way. AKG always preferred closed and semi-open constructions. That's why K5/6/701 are semi-open for example - they just excel in this kind of drivers.

Oct 6, 2013 at 7:55 AM Post #684 of 745
Originally Posted by EvilKillaruna /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't remember fully open headphones from AKG since K1000, which are not exaclty conventional product by the way. AKG always preferred closed and semi-open constructions. That's why K5/6/701 are semi-open for example - they just excel in this kind of drivers.

What are you on about? K701 and all other AKG earpad-TOTL models since K340 are open-back, Not semi-open. K701's back is all vented, jest that it's a 2 part grill, unlike with other models. And It says so in the spec-sheets if you'd care to check.

And since when does marketing branding of a headphone as "PRO certified" or not has any meaning? look at Beats' mantra "How it was meant to be heard" of practically every POS that fly's out their a**. If you think that Harman's AKG marketing tactics are any much different then may i suggest you take a course in basic critical thinking and then come back maybe a wee bit wiser.
wink.gif

Oct 6, 2013 at 8:02 AM Post #685 of 745

1) Before it gets official I can consider it as "unknown". What is more - price tag is very risky criteria here. Products can be overprices and sometimes underpriced, yet still sounds like products at exact price points and actually perform better (or worse).

2) Openess is a similarity, nothing more, nothing less. Is not an argument for competition, class of sound is. And class of sound HD800 is quite high as for dynamic headphones.

3) Yes, but are branded as ones. You can use LCD, HD800 or even basic Lambdas for studio purposes too and no one can stop you, but then again: those are not branded and advertised by maker as suitable exactly for such purposes.

4) I personally couldn't care less about them and their posts. Only official informations and real user experience are important for me.

K1000 are rather earspeakers than real headphones... Typical open-back design =/= K1000 :)

Regarding the "pro market purpose", there is a beautiful post from Uncle Erik somewhere on head-fi on this topic... I would have to search a lot to find it.

Oct 6, 2013 at 8:26 AM Post #686 of 745

K1000 are rather earspeakers than real headphones... Typical open-back design =/= K1000 :)

Regarding the "pro market purpose", there is a beautiful post from Uncle Erik somewhere on head-fi on this topic... I would have to search a lot to find it.

whoa best of luck there 

Oct 6, 2013 at 8:39 AM Post #689 of 745
Whoa, what are you all talking about?

michaelxray, what is objectionable in some of your threads is that you keep saying the K 812 will be the best headphone ever, eating the HD 800 and others for breakfast. Ok, now every sane person will aks themselve: how do you know? So here's question for you: have you compared those headphones listening to them side to side on the same equipment for any length of time? Did you even hear a K 812 at all?
The problem is, you pretend to know a lot about the K 812, and voice very strong opinions about it. It's no wonder that many people over here (including me) think you're a troll, nothing more. Either you can back up your claims with facts, or not many will believe you. And if you can't: please stop writing the same ******** over and over again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back