AKG K812(?) Professional Headphones - coming soon
Oct 4, 2013 at 4:44 PM Post #556 of 745
also 16 ohms? hmmm trying to be more efficient than even the he-400 perhaps?

Impedance has little to do with efficiency. Lower impedance will make headphones easier to be driven with lower voltage source (portable source) because output wattage equal voltage times voltage divide by resistance. Efficiency means the amount of wattage that's converted into sound pressure by the headphone driver, so you can have a driver that has very low impedance, but only converts very little of that wattage into sound thus it has low efficiency. Drivers that has low impedance but also low efficiency are you typical speaker drivers.
Headphone spec usually has it listed by sensitivity. xxxdB sensitivity usually means at normal listening position the headphone will output xxxdB of 1KHz sound pressure if input power equals to 1mW.
As for 812.... it still looks like 701 to me only much better built... (too much bad memories from AKG's attempt to bank on 701 spin-offs..) I personally like the approach that Sennheiser took with HD800: scrap everything and design it new from ground up. That's really the way AKG should do if they still intend to get back into high-end market, especially when their past reputation in high-end full-size headphone has mostly gone down the drain after k1000 and k701.
Just my 2 cent.

Oct 4, 2013 at 4:48 PM Post #558 of 745
I find it very interesting that AKG is now coming back into the high-end game, imo they can't afford to fail this one. It must be good!

Also was that earlier headphone Nomax posted an Ortho? Looked really cool. Something like that in HE-400 price range, with a slight edge in sound quality. Woah that would be nice.

Oct 4, 2013 at 4:49 PM Post #559 of 745
  I find it very interesting that AKG is now coming back into the high-end game, imo they can't afford to fail this one. It must be good!

Also was that earlier headphone Nomax posted an Ortho? Looked really cool. Something like that in HE-400 price range, with a slight edge in sound quality. Woah that would be nice.

According to him, it was just an old K812 prototype... Unfortunately.

Oct 4, 2013 at 5:18 PM Post #561 of 745
  @ 0:37 the guy is wearing it with the cable on the right side. I'm sure it was just a stylistic choice by the person making the video.

Isn't the whole K812's concept a stylistic choice?  
biggrin.gif

The emotional voice-over in the ad reminds me of ads for airline or life insurance companies.
With his warm, gentle and reassuring voice, the guy sounds like a priest or something... kinda ridiculous and typical for mass consumption advertising... 
biggrin.gif

Oct 4, 2013 at 5:57 PM Post #562 of 745
In my opinion the k812 is the right DIRECTION FOR AKG and we will see how can compare THIS New FLAGSHIP to beyerdynamic T1&sennheiser HD 800!regards nomax

Oct 4, 2013 at 6:02 PM Post #563 of 745
In my opinion the k812 is the right DIRECTION FOR AKG and we will see how can compare THIS New FLAGSHIP to beyerdynamic T1&sennheiser HD 800!regards nomax

In my opinion tacos are the right DIRECTION FOR SUBWAY and we will see how can compare THIS new TACO to tacobell&taco del mar!regards linglingjr

Everyone cares about my blind opinion, I should probably post it.

Oct 4, 2013 at 6:21 PM Post #564 of 745
  In my opinion tacos are the right DIRECTION FOR SUBWAY and we will see how can compare THIS new TACO to tacobell&taco del mar!regards linglingjr

I endorse this message!

Oct 4, 2013 at 7:05 PM Post #565 of 745

Isn't the whole K812's concept a stylistic choice?  
biggrin.gif

The emotional voice-over in the ad reminds me of ads for airline or life insurance companies.
With his warm, gentle and reassuring voice, the guy sounds like a priest or something... kinda ridiculous and typical for mass consumption advertising... 
biggrin.gif

lol, reminds me a washing machine ads.

Oct 5, 2013 at 1:26 AM Post #567 of 745

indeed. Preach it man

Oct 5, 2013 at 2:40 AM Post #569 of 745
lol 4 pages ago you were recommending "Lets clog the fool" when referring to me...

I know... I have turned agsinst my old faith n embraced ur new taco vs sub based faith... that n the videos... put a bullet through most of what Nomax suggested... refrance class cans built for mobile phones n lossy... have weakened mah faith

Oct 5, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #570 of 745

Sorry, I forgot.
There is not much to see. HD 800 and T1 have no chance - not the smallest chance. In all respects, no chance.

Now it is clear - the K812 means big show

Users who are viewing this thread

Back