AKG K812(?) Professional Headphones - coming soon
Oct 4, 2013 at 11:16 AM Post #496 of 745
I dont mean to be an ass since English was not always my first language (born in HK, China). But oh man my head is hurting from this thread lol.

Will check out the new video when I get out of work though (Youtube is blocked here >.>)

Oct 4, 2013 at 11:24 AM Post #498 of 745
  Sorry, they have not understood the example - not with the heart.

That's the problem. With a HD800 and 009 they hear with your head - listen - listen and hear and feel nothing

and so terribly Olivia Newton John

they listen with the K812, they feel the belly and they will love it and this Feeling is great. so great that it almost does not matter, youtube sound or ...

only almost - okay?

I want to say: User vid is right with his example. Many headphones could give us everything possible quality - but unfortunately little heart.

Therefore deliberately my example with Xanadu.

logical, not the youtube sound, original music
L3000.gif
L3000.gif
L3000.gif

but it would not matter - maybe in 100 years they would not understand

yea the whole point of a TOTL can is that is should be very... brain listeny! It needs to be analytical and super resolving, then you pair it with a gorgeous high end tube and BAM you got the brain happy with detail, and the heart is happy with those SOULFUL 2nd harmonics :3

Also... some one want to give us an apromixation on size based on some "crainal" averages 

Oct 4, 2013 at 11:25 AM Post #499 of 745
  I dont mean to be an ass since English was not always my first language (born in HK, China). But oh man my head is hurting from this thread lol.

Will check out the new video when I get out of work though (Youtube is blocked here >.>)

wait what new vid :O 

Oct 4, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #501 of 745
  Forget the promo. Let's see some unbiased comparative measurements.

I saw the video just to check the cups from the inside... No luck.

On the other hand, the video helped in comparing sizes of x7xx and K812 cups. They look identical, unfortunately, I was expecting something more spacious =/

Oct 4, 2013 at 11:34 AM Post #503 of 745

I sincerely hope that your implication is not as racist as it appears to be...

NK

yea... I say we clog that fool

anyways... watched the video, it was posted today on the AKGProductions Page, they are calling them "superior" refrance headphones. to "give you the purest sound possible, to hear even the smallest detail]

GOOD JOB GUYS, sounds like uhh my $250 DT 880s :D nice going there. 

So I watched what is labled as a "HD 800 Offical Video Add" or something on uTube. All of them sound horrid, but the add prensentation... is MANY steps above the k812 add. The K812 remind us of... well beats, The HD 800 add was... more of a lecture. a 3min long narated video emphasising, "we took the time" the k812... I dunno... don't need to be 3mins long but looking like your targeting the modern consumer to much! 

Oct 4, 2013 at 11:43 AM Post #505 of 745

yea the whole point of a TOTL can is that is should be very... brain listeny! It needs to be analytical and super resolving, then you pair it with a gorgeous high end tube and BAM you got the brain happy with detail, and the heart is happy with those SOULFUL 2nd harmonics :3

Also... some one want to give us an apromixation on size based on some "crainal" averages

If it were that easy - then yes. But that's not that simple. Our head is not stupid.

You only have one chance:
You can eat your steak with three sauces until the cook tells them that steak. But you can also eat steak.

Oct 4, 2013 at 11:51 AM Post #507 of 745
Now we need a new thread with michaelxray's best quotes. My favourite two so far:

"They listen with your head"

and

"You can eat your steak with three sauces until the cook tells them that steak. But you can also eat steak."

I'm so totally clueless what that's supposed to mean.

Oct 4, 2013 at 11:51 AM Post #508 of 745
So i like the New HOUSING STYLE OF AKG 812!!

Oct 4, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #509 of 745
!:)

Oct 4, 2013 at 11:55 AM Post #510 of 745
lol.. imagine if these use the same drivers as either K550 or K712. Just with a different enclosure for different sound signature >.>

Maybe AKG finally made a metal version of the K7xx series?

Will be interesting to see what the price of these really settle at, and if its worth it.

The aesthetics are growing on me though.
But they dont seem like the aesthetics of a $1500 headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back